Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this an HJ Kingswood Sandman?

Is this an HJ Kingswood Sandman?

A guy on a Face book page I follow is selling his ute, he put his tags up to find out what he had and it looks very much like a Kingswood based HJ Sandman to me. Deauville Blue 308 4spd with Slate interior.

What do others think Oh and the seating capacity is 2
    Attachment 11479Attachment 11480Attachment 11481Attachment 11482Attachment 11483Attachment 11484
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

hmmm looks promising. not got the sports tyres though. its an XU3 if it is one. you'd need to look on the body. there's a couple giveaways
    BQZ

A Melbourne build ute 13 chassis numbers before mine though the body number is 64 before. Closest I've seen yet. Similar specs apart from mine being M41/64V.

Cant read the GVW clearly - is that 2400kg? Interesting, country pack (with the tonner rear springs etc)?

Vombil is right about there being a couple of clues on/in the body. Quickest one to verify is the front console mount of these HJ's are different to other models. Being a M21/2 seater, any evidence of a second tall console mount (like the rear mount) ever being there is evidence of previous seat seperator install rather than originally fitted with a console.
    Nunc est bibendum...

I think the GVM is 2200kg
    Might be a moot point thouhg, he has cut the tunnel as he has fitted an LS1 and T56
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Learner Driver
    Hi gents,

I'm the owner of the ute in question. It is a little bit of a shame I have put an ls1 in and chopped it up a little, but in my defence, the car was not really standard before I got it in 2000. There was a bracket on the tunnel when I cut it out; however, it is long gone due to the T56 needing a new tunnel.

A bloke said they didn't come with side protectors or something? So I took photos of the inside tray panels and there are no welds, only the patch up of the tunnoue cover hooks.

I'm pretty sure I can get the original motor back too.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    hmmm looks promising. not got the sports tyres though. its an XU3 if it is one. you'd need to look on the body. there's a couple giveaways

What else would give it away other than the tunnel?

- - - Updated - - -

It has gvw 2200

Sandman Guru
    Tunnel is it, plus the side strips but there will only be 2 x welds in the body for these, rest of the attachment for little posts like the stainless moulds. GVW is irrelevant in 3/75 as there was only one Sandman package.

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Tunnel is it, plus the side strips but there will only be 2 x welds in the body for these, rest of the attachment for little posts like the stainless moulds. GVW is irrelevant in 3/75 as there was only one Sandman package.
    Probably not worth mentioning it is a Sandman in the sale? There is nothing other than the tags left that would distinguish it anymore unfortunately. I didn't know what I had and now it has a LS1 and T56

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post

does that mean you couldn't get de-rated sports tyres?
    BQZ

Sandman Guru
    Not until the new Sandman package was introduced in 10/75. It isn't the tyres that are derated on XX7 from 10/75 onwards, it is the car that is derated by use of the tyres. Sounds the same but it is a big difference.

Thread Information