Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: sandman identification hj ute

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by neilwise View Post
    hi guys , i have the chassis number
    it goes like this BHJ10585M

see what you think....neil
    Definitely past the introduction of the new Sandman package (these started somewhere below BHJ10000), so if it is a Sandman it has to be an XU3. Now it is up to body checks.

Learner Driver
    whats the best things to check, consule mounts, it was a 2 seater auto ,sand down body where stripes should be? seat mounts?

- - - Updated - - -

when you check with customer assist would they have details? or would they say kingswood ute 308

Sandman Guru
    Being an auto you need to look for factory console and factory T-bar evidence. As I said with an auto it will have the rear floor mount in either case.

Seat mounts are irrelevant. You could go looking for blackouts. Just look for what I said previously re strips.

when you check with customer assist would they have details? or would they say kingswood ute 308
    Ha! About the best they'll do is tell you that it's not a Toyota or a Ford.

Sandman Guru
    They'll be able to tell you it is a HJ Kingswood with L31 M41 driveline and the date it was completed. That is assuming they get it right which they do maybe 50% of the time. They no longer know how to read their own historical information hence one of the reasons why they make so many mistakes.

Very nice combination indeed. Even if it isn't a sandy it is still a very remarkable and uncommon vehicle, would be very few ute's around with that build.

Cheers.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

hi guys , i have the chassis number
    it goes like this BHJ10585M

see what you think....neil
    Geeze they must have been absolutely punching them out back then. My ute was built a mere 7 months prior and its chassis number is [same letters]04700M!

Just think, if we (as a nation) were all still buying Australian and the car manufacturers were punching those numbers out still there would be no talk of closing.

Very nice ute by the way...
    Last edited by Taily; 10-08-2014 at 08:29 PM.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Did see that ad... that paint motor trans combo great one. .....Your just going to have to do some sanding and poking around to see any past evidence of black outs console mounts , protector strips etc.......if it is looks like most the bits have been taken off at some stage.

Learner Driver
    hi guys, removed inside tray mounts, no signs of trim holes, i think i will sand down extra layers of paint to look for stripes & black outs.
    hard business this.lol. its as bad as identifying a real xu1 ... consule mounts looks to have been cut off, hole in floor looks original.also has hole above it for wiring
    they have stuck stupid seats in it as well....lucky i have all that , i think last counti had 10 gts steering wheels on the hook, looks like quiet a few are sandman,

neil

Sandman Guru
    HJ Sandman wheel is the same as many others, nothing special about them. Just a blank cap.

Shouldn't have a hole in the floor for wiring for an auto car, only 4spd has this. Trim holes in teh quarters are right at the back. Only one per side.

Thread Information