Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it a sandman

Is it a sandman

Hi all I looked at a hx ute yesterday it looks like a sandman ,moter has head off not worried about that, body is rough but repairable was orange now white 253 4 speed gts dash everything looks sandman missing gts mirrors and and glove box lid
    Model number 8WM80XR
    Body 922696-5
    Trim 1916-57v
    Paint 568-17777
    Vin 8M80RGH922696X
    2 seat
    But 2200 kg the ute looks to have country pack rear suspension would that affect this figure
    Any help would be great

I'd say not a sandman based on trim (assuming you meant 67V)

http://www.mysandman.com.au/site/ind...identification

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy View Post
    Hi all I looked at a hx ute yesterday it looks like a sandman ,moter has head off not worried about that, body is rough but repairable was orange now white 253 4 speed gts dash everything looks sandman missing gts mirrors and and glove box lid
    Model number 8WM80XR
    Body 922696-5
    Trim 1916-67V

Paint 568-17777
    Vin 8M80RGH922696X
    2 seat
    But 2200 kg the ute looks to have country pack rear suspension would that affect this figure
    Any help would be great
    Having trouble reading my writing it may be trim 1916-S7V will check today
    Last edited by Beachy; 07-08-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Corrected trim prefixes

Sandman Guru
    4/77 to 5/77 HZ ute. Might be a Sandman, nothing there says it isn't. If it is it is an XU3 (hence 2200kg GVW). XW5 (Outback Pack) was not available with late HJ or HX XX7 but I can't see why you couldn't option it with XU3 in later HJ or HX as it was optional on XX7 for early HJ and this is the same package as a late HJ or HX XU3.

Quote Originally Posted by hx-sandman View Post
    I'd say not a sandman based on trim (assuming you meant 67V)

http://www.mysandman.com.au/site/ind...identification
    HX identification needs to be changed for the trim codes, 67v is tan trim and correct for a HX Sandman.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

I was wondering what the XR on the end of the model number represented I have not seen it before ?
    what do think it would be worth

X means HX, R means Right hand drive
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Is this common do you se this much on sandmans

Sandman Guru
    It is on all HX Holden and Statesman bodies out of the Pagewood body plant, so very common. Probably close to 50% of HX production came out of Pagewood.

Brought the ute picked it up the other day just run in at 793000 klm on the clock it may have original moter date matches how do you find out original engine number rust behind cab in the usual place needs respraying to original colour scratched some white paint off original blacking out under it would you panel beat original panels or replace them needs new interior does anyone have a good contact did hx sandmans have gts mirrors I noticed the one on ebay had standard mirrors like mine paid $ 3000 what are they worth fully restored

Thread Information