Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wb trimatic coloum linkages

wb trimatic coloum linkages

just dropped a wb 308 trimatic into a hz itonner but want to keep it coloum auto just checking if the 6cly and v8 linkages from the steering colonm are the same i iknow ive gone from 4 speed to auto so need left side set up for blue mtr ive got a hz auto coloum but cant remember if the 6 and 8 set up is the same

Cruiser
    WB Tri-Matic column shifter uses a right-hand shifted box, the same as HQ-HZ boxes. The left-hand boxes were floor shift only.

Dr Terry

Sandman Guru
    If you want to use that box you need to take it and a RH shift donor box to a good auto trans shop and get them to put the internal crossover stuff in out of the donor box to make it into a RH shift box. I don't think it is as easy as a straight bolt in though, but you'll know you've found the right shop when they know what you are talking about.

Look up LOKAR. they do a cable for that particular purpose. so for $215 you can have it to your door in kit form and not worry about a tranny shop
    BQZ

Yeah I got that kit, not installed. But it's going to solve slot of problems with clearance issues thanks to the cable. Also got the adjustable trans linkage.

thanks guys so thats why i cant find a left side shift linkage set ill check out lokar or maybe go back to floor shift thanks again

Sandman Guru
    If you go to a console shift just use a HQ-HZ TH400 shifter or rebuild a trimatic one back to front.

Another option which I did in my Overlander tonner was to actually make it a floor shift (not console shift), I used a later UC trimatic shifter which have the shift indication integral to the shfter and simply got a vinyl boot made up for it. The shifter is identical to a TH400 one, just has the extra mountings on the top for the shift indication. You can see it in the attached pictures.

DCP_1283.JPG
    DCP_1282.JPG

if you have hole in floor already id use that
    BQZ

thanks ive got a wb stato t bar shifter i can use but i am going to look at coloum set up on hj t400 tonight for ideas

i have a home made contraption that will work for you but its not pretty. Just depends if you are going to spend a lot of time looking under the ute?
    BQZ

Thread Information