Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My old VL Director

My old VL Director

I sold this many years ago now...wish I still had her. image.jpg

One of only 9 built, had the stroker motor and this was one of only two manuals made.

Nice car mate.
    Disclaimer: I am not an expert.

Thanks Dave, had a lot of fun with it. I had this cool photo sent to me of it before I owned it. The photos from Bathurst I'm guessing from 1988,image.jpg with Brocky hanging his head out the sunroof.

Owned a 1988 VL Berlina 5 speed turbo - bought it with 17K on the clock. Wow what a beautiful car and still have very fond memories.
    Nearly on the Road

Quote Originally Posted by GNW1974 View Post
    Owned a 1988 VL Berlina 5 speed turbo - bought it with 17K on the clock. Wow what a beautiful car and still have very fond memories.
    Before I got my licence my folks had a VL Berlina with the Nissan 6, It was two tone with Calais mouldings in a burgundy/with a lighter burgundy at the bottom. It was a nice looking car. When I did get my licence they sold the VL and bought a 5.OL VN and surprisingly I was allowed to drive it. When I had enough cash I bought myself a VL Calais, white over silver. I has that for a few years and came across the VL Director for sale and had to have it.

VL turbo still the best "Holden" ive ever owned. Love the director. That is one seriously special car!!!
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    VL turbo still the best "Holden" ive ever owned. Love the director. That is one seriously special car!!!
    When the boost was wound up on those VL turbos they were super quick. The VL Director was such a different looking car, I think from memory it had a 21 pieces spoiler kit all over it and was defiantly a head turner.... Brock built the best cars.

Yeah i also owned a VL Calais for 15 years one of the best cars i have ever driven and reliable

Very unique car you had there Jerry I can see why you wish you still had it very rare beast, never owned a VL but I have always admired the VL Calais just look a really classy car especially with those pop up headlights, got to ride as a student Police Officer in the Highway Patrol's VL Turbo on some pretty quick runs very impressive.

Thread Information