Ok, update time. The van is stripped of its entire drive train and every bolt on bit is out for polish and paint. The end result from the last dyno run (video in previous post) was that I needed to upgrade the blower with an intercooler, so I dropped it back to Yella Terra who sorted that out promptly. Interestingly, i needed to use their BA falcon radiator up front as the VT one they supplied me was just a nudge too big to fit in front of the A/C condenser. Anyway that's sorted out ok and I've now got an intercooler!

I took the van back home and am currently practising my TIG welding skills, so I can weld up 8 x holes in the firewall that are no longer needed. On the subject of those holes...I ended up deciding to get rid of the mechanical throttle body and convert to a drive by wire unit, as the throttle cable was the last thing coming through the fire wall and i thought...why am i leaving that cable there when everything else is hidden? So with a few more TIG practice runs under my belt I'm gonna weld up those holes, then it's time to paint the firewall...

The engine and trans are still at the shop and are getting some paint too. The sump had a dent on the bottom so it got removed first and we pressed it back straight and did a final 'spanner check' on the bottom end (I got a thumbs up from the engine guru!). For the paint I decided to use KBS Velvet Black Motorcoater on the block and heads...and after a rough start last weekend, i got another coat on it yesterday and it's gonna come up nice. Rocker covers, headers and a few other engine bolt on's will be gloss black so it should look good.

Pics as usual...

Engine out. You can see a couple of those pesky firewall holes in the background...
PXL_20231007_020406031-EDIT.jpg

Weld on some fancy rocker cover fittings...
PXL_20231014_003035355.jpg

New Drive By Wire throttle body. Me thinks this means easy cruise control...
PXL_20231021_002059291.jpg

Paint the engine. Two coats of KBS Velvet Black...
PXL_20231125_054733262.jpg

PXL_20231125_061120955.jpg

PXL_20231125_061133687.jpg