Thread: Holden verafication certificate for sandman

P Plater

Holden verafication certificate for sandman

I've heard of people obtaining verification certificated from Holden to prove authenticity of vehicles. Just wondering how this process works & what cost's are involved, also does it add value to a vehicle.

Holden don't have the vehicle info for Sandman's. GTS's and such had their own model codes but Sandman is simply an add on package for a Kingswood or Holden Van or Ute.

I used Holden historical services for my 350 prem wagon. Run by Ben stewart, i believe they have all the old holden paperwork. But as stated above Sandman was an options package

Sandman Guru
    Ben may be able to do one for a Sandman, but he'll come to me to see if the car can 100% be verified from the ID plates. If it can't he won't do a report. The car must be complete with all original numbers too. Holden will be able to tell you it was a ute or vam but will not know if it is a Sandman or not.

It's a pointless exercise....not a single mention of 'Sandman' in my report Holden did. Belmont van was all I got.

When I purchased my van (from a forum member) I was lucky enough to also get all the original log books including the original rego receipt and car sales invoice from Watson Holden Vic. All tags checked out to be ' yes it's probably a sandman' but the extra proof was the purchase price on the invoice. HK took the time to help me with this and confirmed that it was about $1000 over a standard Belmont Van at the time. The invoice also had no accessories listed. So this just about confirmed it as a Sandman.

Sandman Guru
    It is no different to buying a Thunder ute today. No-one would care within Holden or the dealership what it was. Unless there is differences in the ID plate codes to them it is just an SV6 or SS ute

P Plater
    Thanks for the info guy's. My van is now on the road & I wanted to insure it correctly. I though maybe a sandman verification certificate would change insurance value, but seems to be a wasted exercise. I think HK1837 has the details of my van already. I will post some photo's of my van soon.
    Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    It is no different to buying a Thunder ute today. No-one would care within Holden or the dealership what it was. Unless there is differences in the ID plate codes to them it is just an SV6 or SS ute

i know you're right but this is an incredibly bitter pill to swallow! i think my sandman is a fair bit cooler than my sv6 thunder
    BQZ

Thread Information