Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last day of work tomorrow

The rental manager was from the airport.

my mate gives quite generous gifts to the assessors they deal with... its a shame but that's life. if you can't beat em, join em otherwise it's an unfair fight. He's a great mate but I can't afford/wouldn't pay to put a car through at rack rate.

nice work on the low lux!
    BQZ

[QUOTE=Vombil;80498]my mate gives quite generous gifts to the assessors they deal with... its a shame but that's life. if you can't beat em, join em otherwise it's an unfair fight. He's a great mate but I can't afford/wouldn't pay to put a car through at rack rate.

Thats why the industry has gone to shit and the big guys are taking over with 4 5 7 visa workers. Import foreign workers and pay piss poor wages for a crappy repair and miss matched paint. How many cars do you see getting round with odd panels because of no colour matching or blending to the rest of the car?

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    my mate gives quite generous gifts to the assessors they deal with... its a shame but that's life. if you can't beat em, join em otherwise it's an unfair fight.

That's not life, it's fraud. The rental managers and assesors aren't paying the bills and they don't suffer the resale value later on in life when dodgy repairs start to show. I was the VSA supervisor at the rental company so I pretty much saw everything that went through. The repairs being done were horrendous and the prices outrageous. I knew what was going on. The manager thought they were being smart and that we were just the guys washing the cars, but we saw everything.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    That's not life, it's fraud. The rental managers and assesors aren't paying the bills and they don't suffer the resale value later on in life when dodgy repairs start to show.
    "HEAR HEAR" So true, they don't give a toss just so long as they are lining their pockets with money. We re-did many rental cars that we had quoted on originally and then been under cut by other repair shops, only to see dodgy repairs on panels and sometime even structural frame work instead of new parts used just to save the shop a few bucks. We did a Hyundai i20 that didn't even have it's radiator support bolted in. Yes, you may have to repair something that you quoted to replace due to parts not being available, but nothing that would endanger anyone's life.

Just remember when hiring a car, go right over it just like you would if you were buying it. Check every thing from lights, wipers and horn to the condition of the tyre's. It's you and your families lives that have to travel in that car. Also it is definitely worth getting FULL or CORPORATE insurance on it, a few extra bucks a day, saves the heart ache after some idiot runs into the car and drives away of having to pay a ridiculous $4000 excess bill, just for a minor scrape that might only cost a few hundred dollars to fix. Check off any marks that are on it and notify the rental mob before you drive away, because once you leave in the car they will blame you.

Thread Information