Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hj ute sandman

Sandman Guru
    Lot of work to remove the body dip and electrostatic red lead primer off Dandenong body tags too Dave, plus this plate is dead flat for some reason I wonder how they removed the kink in it?

Taily failed to mention that I was the one who asked him first about the lack of paint on the tag...

Learner Driver
    Hi,
    I have a HJ 308 sandman ute built July 1975 with a 308 . It came with 2 engines. So can anyone tell me what engine numbers are around this build date as one does have a casting date of June 75
    Thanks

Sandman Guru
    HJ started after about 550000 so if you have the original it'll be higher than that.

Learner Driver
    This is my ute is it really that hard to figure out? Yes it hasnt got the factoty 253 and 4spd yes interior has been sprayed. Isnt numbers enough?

Quote Originally Posted by browny666 View Post
    This is my ute is it really that hard to figure out? Yes it hasnt got the factoty 253 and 4spd yes interior has been sprayed. Isnt numbers enough?
    numbers are not enough.. unless those numbers and letters are XX7 or XU3
    HJ utes are hard to identify and easy to fake

all you need is a factory HJ Holden or Kingswood v8 4-speed with buckets and the GTS stuff just gets bolted on!

tidy looking ute. good luck with the sale and welcome
    BQZ

I'd like to know where the information came from that Contessa Gold is a rare colour? I've seen quite a few HJ Sandmans in this colour and plenty of HJ Kingswoods.

considering there is nothing original on this ute, the modifications and the fact what is there needs restoring I reckon it's doing well to get to the $7000 it's bid up to at the moment..... Mind you, the winning bidder has to follow through and close the deal with the necessary neddies.......
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Sandman Guru
    Funny how common the word "rare" is today. Just about half the cars on ebay are "rare" according to the seller!

The tag should read M not N for Kingswood or could you still get them in a Kingswood at that stage?

Sandman Guru
    Most HJ Sandman utes are Kingswoods, rare to find straight HJ ute Sandmann today.

Thread Information