Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Sandman Car Club Thread

Wally
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    y dun we cal it .... wateva car I owen at the moment car club...........taks care of som peeple that owen valiants and toris and commies and trannies and models and pushbikes
    Pardon ?

Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    y dun we cal it .... wateva car I owen at the moment car club...........taks care of som peeple that owen valiants and toris and commies and trannies and models and pushbikes
    I'm in then!!!!!

I own almost all of them!!! And a lot more.....
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I think if you analyse this forum and its members you will get answers to most of the questions about a club. For example: who should qualify for ownership: I haven't looked at all the members but the themes I pick up are, HQ - WB vans utes, replicas, Commodore utes with HBD and AMCAT canopies and of course anyone looking to acquire.

Sandman Owners Club was run by a guy out of Ocean Grove Vic I think. When I bought my Sandman 14 odd years ago I used the info on this website to verify whether it was likely to be a sandman or not. He has posted on this forum (sandmanowners), he used to own the Unique Car Supermint HZ. He would be a great help. There was another guy in Adelaide, Tony Rogoth. I bought the first set of stickers for my van from him. Nice bloke - a tinkerer. Picked the decals up from his home near O Sullivans Beach. I think he used to run or was heavily involved in the Adelaide Sandman club. At the time these guys seemed to be really active with a lot of members. Don't know what happened to them but Tony would be another good bloke to talk to.

Guys like HK1837 are extremely rare and go beyond the normal enthusiast. The time he put into this forum was astounding and just a nice bloke who helped hundreds on this site. I've never met him but I know anything in this area that is being planned will have a infinitely better chance of succeeding with his involvement. I don't know what happened to annoy him so much but whatever it was it can't be irreparable.

Bottom line is if you want a good start and avoid the mistakes of the past these are some of the people that can help. Be nice to see them posting here!

Cruiser
    my utes just gone in the panel shop I hopes its ready by xmas any way why don't we try and get all or most of the sand man owners together that are in melb and talk about it im trying to get a show happening later this year it would be great to see a convey of vans and utes will post up info when it comes to hand

Thread Information