Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sandman Car Club Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Alien had "quoted" Big Rob!
    Whoops, my bad.....

Cool idea. Id be in.

The Vic system is great. I have my sandman on club rego through the ballarat early holden club. Its 45 or 90 days and you use them whenever you like. You can buy 45 days, then if you use them you can get another 45 days, but 90 is the max.

Our club, which is a bit anal, make you be a member for at least 6 months, come to at least 6 meetings a year (i think), and come on at least 2 club runs per year, to be eligible for club rego. You also have to have a RWC which is a bit of a pain.

When i first got my car on the scheme, they were just doing a club sanctioned safety certificate, which was basically a check of lights, heater, tyres, brakes, wipers etc etc. Just basic safety stuff which was pretty casual. Someone in the club signed off on it, but now theyve decided its better to fully cover their arses and you need a full RWC. Full roadworthy is a pain. Theres a lot of clubs popped up now who are pretty relaxed about stuff though, who will give a permit to anyone who pays their fee, so meeting somewhere in between all that would be cool.

Ive never even come close to using my 45 days, but everyone is different.

The most important thing is that we design a cool seventies style t shirt! Not one of the usual naff polo tops with a logo that looks like youre at a school sports comp!

Hope that helps.

Hmmmm, tie dyed?
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by Taily View Post
    Hmmmm, tie dyed?
    It's a Sandman club, not a Kombi club.

Maybe something with shoulder pads for the ladies

Quote Originally Posted by hainzy View Post
    Cool idea. Id be in.

The Vic system is great. I have my sandman on club rego through the ballarat early holden club. Its 45 or 90 days and you use them whenever you like. You can buy 45 days, then if you use them you can get another 45 days, but 90 is the max.

Our club, which is a bit anal, make you be a member for at least 6 months, come to at least 6 meetings a year (i think), and come on at least 2 club runs per year, to be eligible for club rego. You also have to have a RWC which is a bit of a pain.

When i first got my car on the scheme, they were just doing a club sanctioned safety certificate, which was basically a check of lights, heater, tyres, brakes, wipers etc etc. Just basic safety stuff which was pretty casual. Someone in the club signed off on it, but now theyve decided its better to fully cover their arses and you need a full RWC. Full roadworthy is a pain. Theres a lot of clubs popped up now who are pretty relaxed about stuff though, who will give a permit to anyone who pays their fee, so meeting somewhere in between all that would be cool.

Ive never even come close to using my 45 days, but everyone is different.

The most important thing is that we design a cool seventies style t shirt! Not one of the usual naff polo tops with a logo that looks like youre at a school sports comp!

Hope that helps.
    I am just about Drooling over this Info. How can we Not have this in NSW!! Would be no hassles to have a couple of runs as mandatory, i mean that's why we buy and build these things to start with. Driving and socializing with like minded people, how can that not be a fun day out.

I believe that it should be open to all H and W series Vehicles. Because im sure there are lots of us with Wife's and kids, most of us would probley have a sedan or wagon either in the shed or in the pipeline. That way the family can cruise along behind the vans and we can have our mates in the passenger seat all Rocking on the AC/DC and Metallica. Everyone has a fun day out.

I see there has been some changes made to club permits if you check out, Yarra Valley Chrome Bumpers on face book today, they go into the coming changes a bit. Sorry I could not copy and paste it but check it out. Weird that Vic Roads are making changes, but I think if you wanted to get something happening club wise you would want to get cracking before they change the boundary there too!

I have been google'in again and still can't make sense of the starting procedure that is, Getting the Club name registered/acknowledged!! A question for some one that is more switched on than me OR has contact with some one that has started a club and that person will just tell us in simple terms what to do.. Is it the 'exact' same as, and in fact registering a Business name? because once the club has an official name the 'Inc' and 'Vic roads' parts have form's to fill out on-line or Download. sorry for the non Vic's at the moment but my angle for now is to still start a club with my brother and a hand full of mates, as that goes on I would be posting how and what was done to get it up n running.
    This will go a long way to help get the Sandman club off the ground

Cheers for the heads up Calbert. Seems these are going to be the new rules to follow, from September 1st

1/ If your car is currently on Club Plates you will never be required to get a Roadworthy until you SELL the car, just like a car with normal rego.

2/ As of the 1st of September ALL cars will require a Roadworthy to get Club Plates.

3/ Cars already on it are on it without a prob as long as they aren't crazy modified stuff.
    There is no annual roadworthy.... Or any need for one at renewal time. Roadworthy's are only need for any new cars going on the scheme.
    Cars already on the H plate and deemed to be heavily modded will be required to change to an M plate, and that means a roadworthy tho, as they should not be on H plates to begin with.
    The changes are set for Sept 1 at this stage.

Looks like i'll be going for 'M' plates

Thread Information