Thread: FS: HQ Sandman Tribute Ute

FS: HQ Sandman Tribute Ute

I know this one has been in a few other threads from time to time, certainly answers the genuine or not question, brilliant looking car.

carsales_sandman_tribute_ute.JPG

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/d.../?Cr=8&sdmvc=1

$35,000 - text from add:

Comments
    1972 HQ Holden Ute, Sandman Replica, 308 V8 4Spd manual. Spectacular car, ground up rebuild including undercarriage, looks brand new from top to bottom, closest you'll get to driving such a car off the showroom floor in 1972. Multiple trophy winner including best paint. Currently Club registered (not transferrable). As featured in episode One of Man and Machine TV show, see www.manandmachinetv.com.au. Lets forget the sales talk, here's the 100% truth. We don't really want to sell this car, it pains me greatly to complete this ad and I've held off as long as I can but due to my fathers ill health we have no choice, he needs to consolidate. I've exhausted every option to try to keep her but sadly it has to go. Priced to sell at well below build cost. Any inspection welcome, this car will blow your socks off in the flesh, a real attention grabber at car shows too, people walk past some of the toughest musclecars just to see this thing, the build quality is amazing and it just pops in it's yellow color combination, it's unique. Possibly the best of its kind in Australia. First serious buyer to see will buy.

Hmm,

From Victoria to Tassie?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HQ-HOLDEN...-/201097200597

$15K (Reserve not met).

"HERE WE HAVE UP FOR AUCTION IS MY 1972 HQ HOLDEN SANDMAN UTILITY (tribute) THIS UTE I BELIEVE IS THE BEST IN AUSTRALIA . ITS HAD A NO EXPENSE SPARED FULL NUT AND BOLT RESTORATION AS SEEN ON SEASON 1 EPISODE 1 OF MAN AND MACHINE TV SHOW. THIS CAR WAS BUILT WITH ALL NEW OLD STOCK PARTS IF IT WAS NOT REPLACED IT WAS RECONDITIONED. ENGINE,GEARBOX,DIFF HAS BEEN FULLY RECONDITIONED. THE VEHICLE IS ITS FACTORY PIONEER YELLOW COLOUR VERY RARE. ITS A 308, M21 4 SPEED AND 3.08 SALISBURY LSD DIFF. ALL SUSPENSION COMPONENTS ARE NEW THE UNDER CARRIAGE OF THE CAR IS JUST AS GOOD AS THE TOP SIDE THIS CAR IS A CONCOURSE CAR. THE INTERIOR OF THE UTE IS ALL NEW DASH, SEATS, DOOR TRIMS, SEAT BELTS, CONSOLE, ROOF LINING AND CARPET. EVERYTHING ON THIS UTE IS PERIOD CORRECT AND PRESENTS BETTER THEN NEW YOU COULD NOT TELL IT WAS A REPLICA . IT HAS ALL THE CORRECT MARKINGS IN THE ENGINE BAY AND UNDERSIDE OF THE CAR. THIS IS A MUST SEE THE PHOTOS DO NOT DO THIS CAR JUSTICE!! IT IS A MULTI AWARD WINNING CAR AND YOU WOULD NOT FIND A BETTER ONE ANYWHERE ITS BRAND NEW!! YOU COULD NOT BUILD THIS CAR TO THIS STANDARD FOR THE RESERVE PRICE. IF YOU WANT ONE OF THE BEST HQ UTES IN AUSTRALIA HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO OWN IT. CAN ASSIST WITH TRANSPORT. CAR IS ADVERTISED ELSE WHERE SO CAN END THE AUCTION AT ANY TIME. PLEASE ONLY GENUINE BIDDERS IT YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY PLEASE DONT BID. I WOULD CONSIDER TRADES BUT I DONT WANT YOUR VN COMMODORE OR EA FALCON. ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME ON 0459 222 332. CHEERS "

Cruiser
    Had a conversation with the missus about this one too. While out of my price range, I noted the starting price has to be set high enough to throw the poor people off the scent, while remaining low enough to get the cashed up buyers interested. With any car of this quality though, the only people willing to offer the actual value are the Joe Bloggs who call, inspect and make an offer towards the undisclosed reserve. When an understanding is reached privately, the ebay listing is merely a free advert.

whats it doing in Tassie? new owner or what?

I know the guy who build this car ( as featured on MM) spoke with him last weekend about this ute as I had come across it on carsales and noted the yarn about having to sell because of fathers financial state or health cant remember which anyhow which ever one it was turned out to be bull*$%# as a week or so later he posted a picture on a social website of a newly purchased XR GT by said father, the HQ has been sold to a guy in the Apple State who has it listed on Ebay trying to make a quick buck. The ute original changed hands for 20k which to me was great buying even with 253, fellow in Tassie out laid 25k and is hoping to make money on that purchase of which I am not so sure he will achieve, as for the myth that original owner/builder of car was trying to pass it off as genuine Sandy that was not quite the case, he was basically asked just not to say anything by the first buyer and anyone who knows or that did a bit of digging would know that a 72 HQ ute was two years premature to be the real deal.

Quote Originally Posted by hqhzvans View Post
    I know the guy who build this car ( as featured on MM) spoke with him last weekend about this ute as I had come across it on carsales and noted the yarn about having to sell because of fathers financial state or health cant remember which anyhow which ever one it was turned out to be bull*$%# as a week or so later he posted a picture on a social website of a newly purchased XR GT by said father, the HQ has been sold to a guy in the Apple State who has it listed on Ebay trying to make a quick buck. The ute original changed hands for 20k which to me was great buying even with 253, fellow in Tassie out laid 25k and is hoping to make money on that purchase of which I am not so sure he will achieve, as for the myth that original owner/builder of car was trying to pass it off as genuine Sandy that was not quite the case, he was basically asked just not to say anything by the first buyer and anyone who knows or that did a bit of digging would know that a 72 HQ ute was two years premature to be the real deal.

love it! the internet is good for something after all. internet fraudster crimefighting mysandmaners
    BQZ

love that ute i did put some early bids on but faded out because off price and location transport etc was it factory 308?

A very nice ute, regardless of engine capacity. Very few HQ's of that quality in existence.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    love that ute i did put some early bids on but faded out because off price and location transport etc was it factory 308?
    No its only a 253

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    A very nice ute, regardless of engine capacity. Very few HQ's of that quality in existence.
    Its like new and for 20k it would have been a steal

Thread Information