Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need help identifying HQ plates

Learner Driver

Need help identifying HQ plates

Hi guys!! New to this site and am seeking some help identifying if my HQ panelvan is a Sandman?? If any one can help would be much appreciated, Cheers!!

Plate details:

Body plate:
    Model - HQ80270
    Body No - 326996B
    Trim - 1888 39A
    Paint - 568 15951 (anyone know what colour this is?)

Eng - L31
    Trans - M40
    RRAXLE - GV3

Seating cap. - 2
    Build date 8/74

8M70TDH326996Q

Have I missed anything if so let me know!!

Being Brisbane built it should be marked XX7 so it is unlikely a Sandman

Paint - 568 15951 = Cotillion White

On the up side it is a factory 308 Trimatic with 2.78:1 diff ration and Brown trim (Bucket Seats).

39A is Chestnut trim, according to Leroy's interior codes page, 39A means vinyl bench in a Belmont and 39B means buckets.
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Sandman Guru
    Did you get a chassis number? PSN/Body number is 8/74 but something is wrong as 39A trim is bucket seats only. Very unlikely to be a Sandman with a mistake on the trim code as it is missing XX7. Another HQ in a HJ colour.

39A is BROWN not chestnut.
    Last edited by HK1837; 11-05-2014 at 09:01 AM.

^^ As I pointed out.

Sandman Guru
    You did too. I was correcting Dick's post. The odd Acacia Ridge example does turn up missing XX7 though but i'd be very surprised to find one in white, i'll reveal why one day (when I have more proof).

Byron, I recently saw a white HQ Sandman van. I went to Brisbane over Easter and on the way back we stopped at the service station at the top of Cuninghams gap for fuel and there was a white HQ van with GTS guards and blackouts parked at another bowser.... Naturally I wondered past for a sticky and asked the owner if it was a Sandman, he replied no its just a GTS van. I looked inside to see bucket seats, console and GTS dash in black.... Further conversation and he popped the bonnet so I could see the plates..... 6/74 HQ panelvan with L32 and M20, 2 seats........ Brissy built car with XX7 stamping. Owner was over the moon to find out it was a genuine Sandman.... colour looked original so I assume it was a white HQ Sandman but I didn't record any plate info... Didn't even think to get a photo...
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

It's a rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    You did too. I was correcting Dick's post. The odd Acacia Ridge example does turn up missing XX7 though but i'd be very surprised to find one in white, i'll reveal why one day (when I have more proof).
    Is it just HQs you are talking about? Our HJ is Cotillion white

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Byron, I recently saw a white HQ Sandman van. I went to Brisbane over Easter and on the way back we stopped at the service station at the top of Cuninghams gap for fuel and there was a white HQ van with GTS guards and blackouts parked at another bowser.... Naturally I wondered past for a sticky and asked the owner if it was a Sandman, he replied no its just a GTS van. I looked inside to see bucket seats, console and GTS dash in black.... Further conversation and he popped the bonnet so I could see the plates..... 6/74 HQ panelvan with L32 and M20, 2 seats........ Brissy built car with XX7 stamping. Owner was over the moon to find out it was a genuine Sandman.... colour looked original so I assume it was a white HQ Sandman but I didn't record any plate info... Didn't even think to get a photo...
    Did he at least buy you a beer? Thats good karma Sean...nice work

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    White ones are common, but I meant an original white Acacia Ridge Sandman missing XX7 on the body plate. I've seen a fair few in other colours misssing XX7 and I think I know why, but white i'd be very surprised.

Thread Information