Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HQ Factory Options

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I actually like the anti-vibration joint in the shaft... keeps the console gear boot up!. Someone told me a bit of trivia that the rubber in the vibration joint is the same part as an early Holden shackle rubber. I think is was a HR. Anyone know?

Mauser
    It certainly has that look about it with the serrated edge etc.

P Plater
    You would actually like it more if your ever driven a car with out one the vibration is unbearable

A friend of mine just purchased a 1973 HQ Kingswood ute with about 160,000kms with two previous owners the original owner had it for about 30+ years, the interior is apparently like new the car is in the current issue of Just Cars, anyhow was chatting to him about it and it has full documentation with it and it came from factory with duel exhaust so I guess this again highlights that things outside the norm were possible if not common place, I am now thinking of putting duel on man Sandman if you were able to order a HQ Kingy with duel why not a Sandman?

Sandman Guru
    Most likely dealer fit. My HJ Prem came new with Selby sway bars and radio/cassette, both dealer fitted. As far as I am aware there was no Holden commercial twin exhaust. Does it have mudflaps on the order form? These are dealer fit too.

Hey guys with the hq factory options could you get a chrome kit for the wheel arches and the sill panels under the doors
    Cheers r0bb0

If you are talking about the stainless wheel arch trim and the strip that ran across the length of the sill I am sure you could have had the arches dealer fitted the bottom strip maybe another thing as from memory they had little bullet head like clips welded on to retain the strip which I dont think were standard on Belmont I might be wrong I know my parents Kingswood sedan had both fitted the bottom strip on the down side traps water/moisture and encouraged rust.

forgot about them holding the dirt and moisture. Just that chrome and stainless looks so good against the orchid paint

Sill moulds are off a Wagon or Statesman. A very well used thing from the custom vanning days.

Fitted the wheel arch mould's and sill mould's to my ute, they looked great. The scuff plate's behind the door handle's were another good thing too. When your girlfriend's wear ring's, they work well.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

I was checking out the orchid 2 door on eBay and the colour and chrome look awesome together

Thread Information