Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 90day Victorian Rego??

Banned
    I appreciate all you have done Dr Terry. Don't take what I say the wrong way. I am just a bit surprised that a simple system can't be introduced. User pays.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Just had a read through VSI 6. Couple of points stand out. This 60 day thing must be mainly aimed at cars that are modified and shouldn't meet the standards of club rego? Plus standard cars not modified should meet the rules obviously.
    100% correct. The 60 day scheme is aimed at 2 areas, but the main aim was to get modified cars onto concessional rego. The extra bonus is that guys on H-plates currently can also go onto a log book scheme if they wish & don't mind any possible extra costs.

Modified cars fall into 2 categories.
    1. Those with modifications that do not comply with H-plate/club rules, but do not require engineering (refer to RMS rules, VSI 6).
    2. Those that do not fit under VSI 6 & therefore require engineering certification.

This is where the club comes in, they need to make sure that the car is within the rules. Sure it might come with a Pink Slip, but as we all know this is only a safety check & not an ADR check. So if the car in question has had its heater removed, a much larger engine & a late model set of seats fitted, then this could pass a Pink Slip, but is not eligible under VSI 6. All those items require engineering certification. The club registrar, or whoever inspects the vehicles must not only be up to speed on the cars themselves, but more importantly, registration & engineering guidelines. Somebody who handles Blue Slips for example will know exactly what I mean.

If you do not get car clubs to do the admin & leave it to the RMS, it would have never happened & even it it did, it would cost a shed-load more.

Obviously the RMS does not want a repeat of what's happened in Victoria, where we often see full-on drag cars with superchargers out of the bonnet & wheelie bars driving around on historic plates.

This is the reason that many smaller clubs are not interested in going with the new system. They are happy with the H-plates for their stockers & don't want the extra responsibility or agro that goes with it.

Have clubs worked for this or has the RMS put pressure on because of rorting of the club rego scheme with modified cars?
    The clubs thru the ACMC got it done, without them it wouldn't have happened.

Secondly, if you own a van cut down into a ute or have windows in your in your van that cut out the supporting braces and you don't have an engineers certificate your off the road. I know this probably has always been the case it specifically mentions this.
    A Holden HQ-WB van which has been chopped into a ute, shouldn't have too much trouble with engineering certification because it has a full chassis. As long as it was neatly done, i.e. no sharp edges it should go straight thru.

Question. Are car clubs happy to have members who just want fair rego prices for their 30 plus year old car but not ever contribute? If they are then Duncan truely has got cars out of sheds.
    I'm sure many clubs would be happy with the extra revenue. I'm not sure about your car club but most of the ones that I'm familiar with have 3 types of members. Ones who take an active interest & who attend most meetings or events, those who turn up occasionally & those who you never see except for the AGM.

Dr Terry
    Last edited by Dr Terry; 13-09-2015 at 08:11 AM.

I appreciate all you have done Dr Terry. Don't take what I say the wrong way. I am just a bit surprised that a simple system can't be introduced. User pays.
    I hear where you're coming from WB, I think the same, don't have to be a club member to be a car enthusiast. But in the end if you can't beat them join them. I recently formed a club of close friends/family minimum 5 members, put some of our cars on H rego, $50 a year Including green slip, and it works well in a trusted group of club members. With the small club can tailor club events around individual wants and fit within the rules and members don't abuse things for fear of jeopardising the club.

Banned
    Thanks for your reply Dr Terry.

Sandaro a club with 5 people sounds like the go!

Banned
    Where are the rules and regs for forming a club???

Where are the rules and regs for forming a club???
    To form a club you've got to incorporate an association. I'll pm you tomorrow, got all the info on my work computer.

Cruiser
    Contact the Dept of Fair Trading, they have the info & that's who you apply to for incorporation.

Dr Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaro View Post
    To form a club you've got to incorporate an association. I'll pm you tomorrow, got all the info on my work computer.
    Reckon you could shoot me that PM too if it's not too much hassle? A nice small club sounds the go.

ARRG, tried sending WB a Pm but after typing for quarter an hour message got bounced- mailbox full!

And to playwme (and others who may be interested), I'll start a thread tomorrow morning with where to find key links, info and numbers relevant for starting a club in NSW.

Champion!

Thread Information