Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 90day Victorian Rego??

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    I had a word with a mate that has a lot of FB/FC's and he was having trouble finding an appropriate club, in that the FC clubs want standard cars and his are modified a bit, the hot rod clubs don't want anything that looks like a car, only old looking things (even if they were built yesterday and are fibreglass).

He heard that the various state registration departments were trying to get a standard type of rego for every state. Christ knows how long that would take though......

So I believe all we need is someone in Victoria to register us as a club and then we can join and form our own guidelines. We can appoint a number of vehicle inspectors and virtually run the club as a sub-group on this forum. I don't think it would be a real big job as long as we all share the work and keep formalities to a minimum. We can do this in a sensible way and not blatantly disregard the rules, or do things that draw the wrong type of attention to possible illegal modifications, and I think we can have our cake and eat it too.

I'd love to get my blown Torana on some sort of limited rego so I don't have to do other things (#%?!...) to drive it on the street and have my eyes on the mirrors all the time.

Who's interested?

- - - Updated - - -

I had a word with a mate that has a lot of FB/FC's and he was having trouble finding an appropriate club, in that the FC clubs want standard cars and his are modified a bit, the hot rod clubs don't want anything that looks like a car, only old looking things (even if they were built yesterday and are fibreglass).

He heard that the various state registration departments were trying to get a standard type of rego for every state. Christ knows how long that would take though......

So I believe all we need is someone in Victoria to register us as a club and then we can join and form our own guidelines. We can appoint a number of vehicle inspectors and virtually run the club as a sub-group on this forum. I don't think it would be a real big job as long as we all share the work and keep formalities to a minimum. We can do this in a sensible way and not blatantly disregard the rules, or do things that draw the wrong type of attention to possible illegal modifications, and I think we can have our cake and eat it too.

I'd love to get my blown Torana on some sort of limited rego so I don't have to do other things (#%?!...) to drive it on the street and have my eyes on the mirrors all the time.

Who's interested?
    You are picking up what I am putting down BigRob. I was wondering along the lines of going to my MP and broaching the subject. I would love nothing more then my blown van on that kind of rego but I think we all know that won't happen. I'm thinking more of the factory HZ four door I've got. Being realistic I won't even come close to using 90 days, hence why I would prefer to pay $200 compared to $1000. Would also like it to be available for my 86 Mdl car licence tipper I have. Another $1000 per year! went of my small farm once last year, but it's to good of a truck to unrego, but come on $1000 that's a lot of dead money few people can afford.

I'm hearing ya RAEME. I'm the same way with my ute, would be lucky to get it out once or twice a month, but by the same token if I lost my daily drive for whatever reason then a H plated car isn't going to be able to be used to fill in while I either get the daily fixed or replaced. H plate ("Historic Vehicle" NSW plates for those in other states not with what I'm referring to) rules are too restrictive for what I'd like to be able to use my ute for legally, so at the moment I still have the ute on full rego while it has been laid up for the last few years, albeit still registered another state at this time.

A Limited Use system here (90 days sounds perfect to me!) would be a far better thing for those of us who would like to enjoy/use our cars a bit more that the H plate rules allow. Like everything though there will be people who rort it, much like I hear people are doing in Victoria. That alone is probably reason enough we would be highly unlikely to see something similar in NSW.
    Nunc est bibendum...

I have been looking into the idea of club rego and the local club in my area has an $80.00 per year membership fee, a requirement for a RWC each year to have your clup permit signed off, then you pay for the club rego to Vicroads,for a 90 day permi thats $136.00. Taking the cost of the RWC at $150.00 and some places charge much more! The total cost is in the region $360.00 and you can only drive the car 90 days out of the year. My rego for 12 months full reg is $592.00 for my VE Commodore and $ 596.00 for my Discovery, why the difference I have no idea. In that light paying full reg and having 365 days use of my vehicle and no restrictions is more attractive to me than club reg. I have also been a member of different car clubs and vintage and classic motor cycle clubs over the years, not having to deal with some of the (expletive deleted) people involved is a bonus
    HQ Glacier White Belmont Ute
    Wanted Lanspeed accessories for Holden Grey engines, twin carb manifolds, extractors, rocker cover, 3 speed floor shift.

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick61 View Post
    I have been looking into the idea of club rego and the local club in my area has an $80.00 per year membership fee, a requirement for a RWC each year to have your clup permit signed off, then you pay for the club rego to Vicroads,for a 90 day permi thats $136.00. Taking the cost of the RWC at $150.00 and some places charge much more! The total cost is in the region $360.00 and you can only drive the car 90 days out of the year. My rego for 12 months full reg is $592.00 for my VE Commodore and $ 596.00 for my Discovery, why the difference I have no idea. In that light paying full reg and having 365 days use of my vehicle and no restrictions is more attractive to me than club reg. I have also been a member of different car clubs and vintage and classic motor cycle clubs over the years, not having to deal with some of the (expletive deleted) people involved is a bonus
    That's in Vic ,here in nsw my 97 rodeo is $1005 for 12 months ,my ve is $441 for 6 months (trying to split them up )$2000 only days apart is too much so that's why we in nsw wouldn't mind a crack at the 90 day rego as it's rediculous that amount to run an old car to a few car shows or a run to the shops on a weekend. Like others here we have full rego dailies but would be nice to use our old wagons here and there for a cruise or show.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocko750 View Post
    That's in Vic ,here in nsw my 97 rodeo is $1005 for 12 months ,my ve is $441 for 6 months (trying to split them up )$2000 only days apart is too much so that's why we in nsw wouldn't mind a crack at the 90 day rego as it's rediculous that amount to run an old car to a few car shows or a run to the shops on a weekend. Like others here we have full rego dailies but would be nice to use our old wagons here and there for a cruise or show.
    Yep exactly.

All the 'Sandman Club' talk has been moved here.... http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...an-Club-Thread

Well a mate just tagged me on Facebook about an Article from Street machine. Looks like NSW car clubs are getting 60 day a year car rego. Sounds like the same as the Vic 90 day set up. Hope it is not as restricted as club rego can be. Looks like the HZ four door will be coming out of the shed!

Banned
    Let's hope!

Copied from elsewhere.

This has been three years in the making and those of us in the know have been sworn to secrecy until the Minister made his announcement but that has now happened and below is the text of the minister's announcement. It should be noted that for the first time, as well as non-club personal use being approved, modified vehicles will be allowed under conditional registration.

Duncan Gay Minister for Roads, Maritime and Freight Leader of the Government Legislative Council

MEDIA RELEASE

Thursday, 3 September 2015

CLASSICS GET A BETTER RUN WITH CONDITIONAL REGISTRATION TRIAL

Minister for Roads Duncan Gay today announced club vehicles would be on the road again and more often under a new conditional registration scheme trial.

“I encourage you to register with a club for the trial if you have a little beauty tucked away in your garage, so you can bring her out into the sunshine and feel the freedom of the road more often,” Mr Gay said.

Original and non-original classic vehicles are currently restricted to club events and maintenance.

Under the two year log-book based trial, owners of over 30 year old vehicles that meet the safety requirements of full registration or the current Historical Vehicle Scheme will be able to opt-in via participating clubs for 60 days of general use each registration year.

“The current Historic Conditional Registration scheme remains unchanged as an option for enthusiasts but, this Government recognised that owners of conditionally registered vehicles had limited use – which was just restricting these mechanical pieces of art,” Mr Gay said.

“We’ve incorporated safe, sensible additions in consultation with the community and stakeholders so owners and the wider community can revel in these vehicles’ unique beauty more often.”

This NSW Liberals & Nationals initiative will bring NSW into line with several other states while boosting opportunities in the automotive aftermarket industry which contributes $11 billion to the Australian economy and employs 30,000.

The 60-day Classic Vehicle Log-book trial will commence on 1 October. To opt-in to the scheme contact one of the several hundred NSW enthusiast clubs or visit

www.rms.nsw.gov.au/

Banned
    Still have to be a member of a club. Why?
    I am sure clubs love having members who only join for rego and I am sure there are many who hate having to join a club they have no interest in for cheap rego.
    Just bring in cheap rego for old cars. Just make it so you can't have cheap rego for a car over 30 years old unless you have full rego on a car less than 30 years old as well. That will stop dole bludgers rorting the system.
    Last edited by wbute; 05-09-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Thread Information