Thread: 10 or 20 gallon Portable Sandblasters

10 or 20 gallon Portable Sandblasters

Not sure if this has been touched on before, was looking at one of those 20 Gallon sandblasters on ebay for $215 delivered to your door and have heard using garnet instead of sand is more effective, I am just considering using one for around door jams etc , anyone on here had success with one I have also heard getting a tungsten tip is better that the ceramic ones or are they a waste of time

Cruiser
    Have a small yellow one from hare and Forbes for the same use ,it works well but needs a bit more air or volume than they recon , had 3 tanks joined up but it worked well until tip wore out but they are cheap ,a mate had a hand held one which you plunge into sand it was good too with a tungsten tip ,the hole wore out on it too but it's a bit older & had heaps more use than mine .

I'm thinking about getting one, so if you do pull the trigger, let us know how it goes.

Sounds like a decent deal, and yeah, you need a tungsten tip if you are using it a fair bit. I machined a few out of steel for a mate and they lasted better than the ceramic, but tungsten is the go for sure.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I bought a 10 gallon one about 6 months ago. Just bought it to do some seams, gutters and around the bottom of some doors. I have only used it a couple of times so far. I have only used it in hot weather after laying the garnet out on the metal base of my trailer to make sure there is no moisture there. I then sieve it into the sandblaster. I have found the porcelin tips wear easily and sometimes I have to give the unit a shake as it seems to clog at the bottom.

Thread Information