Hi all. I haven't been very active on the whole van front over the last 6 months but I stumbled upon a Van recently that I am very interested in but I really need some questions answered from people in the know so I thought this would be the place to ask.

On a job site in FNQ a few months ago I was working away when the old cane cocky came home for smoko. He was a real card and we were shooting the breeze and I asked him my standard 'do you know where there are any old Holdens sitting' question that I ask everyone I meet. To my surprise he said yes and led me to his shed where in the back corner a big, orange object sat, covered in dust.

HX XX7 plated windowless van. Valencia ( I think ) with brown interior. GTS guards, hotwire wheels were the first noticeable oddities, and no decals. All no big deal. Factory 253, 4 speed.

Van has tiny rust patches noticeable in windscreen cowls and rear quarters but very minimal. Is very straight, been stored under cover all it's life supposedly, and remarkably it is still registered but not seen the road for many years. Upon opening the bonnet things really got interesting.......

Crammed into the engine bay is a 427 Chev. It has power steer and air, linked to a TH400 and then to a 9 inch diff. Has a huge desert rat alloy radiator and of course a mod plate as it is registered with that drive line.

The son of the old cocky came home and told me a bit about it. He built it himself. He is a hell of a nice fella, but not typically someone I would have thought to be hording a Sandman Van. His property and all plant was immaculate and very well maintained, so I believe no corners would have been cut on the build, he just seems like that sort of operator.

To top it off, he still has the original 253 and 4 speed, and the ten bolt, and a complete twin headlight front including a bonnet without a huge hole cut out of it.

What I want to know mainly is what $ the 427, box and 9 inch would be worth, as a package, assuming they are all in excellent condition. I can not remember what k's he said they had done but I will find out. If I could potentially get some reasonable money for the drive train, the van would be a good get I think at the 14k he wants for the lot.

Thanks in advance for any info. Go Hawks