Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Code help please

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    hk1837 why do you say its a 2 stamped over a 3 there is no 3 under the 2 and how do you say its a belmont just out of interest as it has the kingswood strips around the doors?
    It could easily just be someone fixing up a stuff-up when the tag was stamped. But given the tags have obviously been removed i'd be a little careful and spend a lot of time making sure all is OK before spending too many $ on it. The main area to check is the tunnel but if the body is original to the tags it won't help a huge amount. You are better off making sure all is sweet now before investing your time, effort and $ on it.

Cruiser
    Byron I sent you the details when this one came up on Old Holden 2 years ago, apparently they lost the Vin plate. It was a bitza at the time with a later model front end and a/c, p/s, power windows and a disk brake diff added.

Leadfoot
    Gas filler hole and welded up tonneau clips are a bugger, everythings fixable of course but just annoying to have to do. Bit like blokes that put big spotlights in the middle of a roof.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.jones View Post
    Byron I sent you the details when this one came up on Old Holden 2 years ago, apparently they lost the Vin plate. It was a bitza at the time with a later model front end and a/c, p/s, power windows and a disk brake diff added.
    I don't record where the data comes from Leroy (I do it so if anyone ever gets hold of my database that they won't know where the cars are or who owns them). I knew I must have seen the photos though to record that it has an overstamped seting capacity

Regarding the badges on the horn caps, I think there should be a GM part number on the back of the badge itself if its original whereas the repro ones are plain on the back. If you remove the light coloured plastic backing from the horn cap you may be able to very gently pry the badge out of the recessed section it sits in to see if it has a GM part number on it. I bought an SS horn cap at Ballarat swap this year and was told it was original but upon inspecting the back of the badge me thinks its a repro!

Banned
    Doubt they have a part number. Not much on a Holden does.
    I would seriously doubt that a HQ Sandman horn cap badge has any more value than a second hand repo one anymore. If anyone pays $1000 for a GTS wheel with one on it they need their head read.

Well some idiot got suckered on eBay and paid $225 for this obvious fake. Listed as a prototype one off nos HX/HZ horn cap......

4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Cruiser
    Yep that's the one I was talking about somewhere else here , a one off prototype but he had two for sale in his listing both same description !

There was two listed but they were not the same. Slightly different font outlines.
    They may well have been prototypes just not GMH prototypes.

Thread Information