Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTB Sandman Shell

Sandman Guru
    It won't be easy, but repairing the roof with documented proof means it is still an original bodied Sandman. Replacing the shell has its negatives as no matter how hard you try it will be visible as a rebody unless you use another Sandman shell from the same body plant for the same timeframe.
    Note I didn't comment on the sensibility of the repair, just what was needed. Personally once a van has gone bad in the roof I reckon in most cases it is not worth restoring. It'd want to be a pretty special example like a black HQ 308 or something like that.

How about a black hj 308 would that be good enough to want to bring back to life?

Sandman Guru
    Certainly! But most Sandmans that come up today with badly rusted roofs seem to be more common examples like Atlantis blue HZ 4.2 vans and unless you can do all the work yourself you'd spend more than the van is worth trying to fix rust!

Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    How about a black hj 308 would that be good enough to want to bring back to life?
    I reckon it would be worth it. Especially if the rest of the body is good, as I understand that it is. I'm not sure whether I would necessarily worry about what model it came off, but if i was going to that length i wouldn't settle for anything other than windowless and preferably with the full headlining strips rather than the repo ones.

Thread Information