Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Government pulls pin on hot-rod chaperones for school formals

Quote Originally Posted by davegmh View Post
    A very nice looking Chevy !!!!
    Ps. A mate of mine wants me and my ute to help him move house. He said he would pay for the fuel and give me a couple of bottles of rum. Do I need a special licence.? Does this constitute running a 'business'?
    Dave, nah. That is a bit different to advertising for a service to the general public. Besides, who hasn't helped a mate/rello or family friend every now and again? Fuel and some carton currency is par for the course and is a given. Doing this sort of thing (from what I understand) isn't what the fun police are trying to stop, it is the person/s who advertise it for a fee and trying to make money from their car over and above "costs".

Flammers, dunno about that one. I'm not into the car club scene so have no idea how that works but can see what you're referring to. Clubs cost money to run/insure etc so guess it is all going to a good cause in the end. I would think they'd have their own set of rules to be complied with for it to happen?

Byron, she's gorgeous. It must have broken your heart to see her drive away...

James, I'd just settle for two years of spare time just to catch up on all of the stuff I want to get done now, let alone what else I would like to do before I shuffle off! PLI is a killer though, gone are the days when they had a "one size fits all" type of small business policy that was above all, affordable. Now it is all about what the insurance company can weasel out of and getting top dollar for the right to fleece you.

Times have certainly changed from the hardworking but carefree days of the 80's and 90's I remember - and I'm not all that old!
    Nunc est bibendum...

Mates helping mates isn't the target for this legislation. It's the Abdul's in 22inch clad VL turbo's and the Bazza's in their mini tubbed XY's that they're trying to stop. Look on Gumtree and there's ads for non-classic cars available for formats. They're targeting teenage kids who want to look good in front of their friends. The kids have the money to do it, good chance their parents don't even know who they're riding along with half the time.

Unfortunately, old Uncle Don and his '36 Packard doing the odd wedding for a friend of a friends daughter get caught up in this too, but that's the way things go. Once a few people exploit something then it gets ruined for everyone.
    As far as regulations go , they suck, but they're occasionaly necessary to weed out the lowest common denominator.

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Mates helping mates isn't the target for this legislation. It's the Abdul's in 22inch clad VL turbo's and the Bazza's in their mini tubbed XY's that they're trying to stop. Look on Gumtree and there's ads for non-classic cars available for formats. They're targeting teenage kids who want to look good in front of their friends. The kids have the money to do it, good chance their parents don't even know who they're riding along with half the time.

Unfortunately, old Uncle Don and his '36 Packard doing the odd wedding for a friend of a friends daughter get caught up in this too, but that's the way things go. Once a few people exploit something then it gets ruined for everyone.
    As far as regulations go , they suck, but they're occasionaly necessary to weed out the lowest common denominator.
    Succinctly put my friend !

Thread Information