Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATTN Jennie - possible solution to your dillemma

Sandman Guru

ATTN Jennie - possible solution to your dillemma

Jennie

Possible solution to your dark desire for a GT but wish to stay in the light with Sandmans.....

Currently $10,000 in Hilll Top NSW

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-XW-G...1#ht_63wt_1153

Thanks Byron but I would like a sedan really so we can jump in with friends for a run especially with Absinth now here as has a nine year old. Considered putting her in the back of yellow van but if something went wrong I couldn't stand to injure her, that is certainly a nice ute. Malachite van is being started shortly so will be throwing $$$at her now
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    No worries. I just saw it and thought it looked pretty good and was pretty well priced too.

Sandman Guru
    If you want a sedan that won't break the bank and is a premium performance car then maybe one of these?

http://australianmusclecarsales.com....gts-monaro-350

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    If you want a sedan that won't break the bank and is a premium performance car then maybe one of these?

http://australianmusclecarsales.com....gts-monaro-350
    Good colour too!

A coupe seats just as many people as a sedan.......

Very nice Monaro. Thinking of getting a South African XY GT, as there are quite a few and people are importing them back from there into WA. They are based on a fairmont, so would ride better, and may have air con too. anyways, the rate we are going, we will have enough vans, to just take them all out at once, with each of us driving one lol.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Personally i'd be a bit careful of investing too much in those South African cars. The Chev SS too (HG coupe base). They look very good value for money but I worry about their collectability, where money spent on a top shelf Aussie car is probably a better investment if it is affordable. Trouble is there are so few Fords in that category that their prices are sky high (esp GT-HO) meaning the GMH examples are cheaper. Nothing wrong with next shelf or lower Aussie or imported cars, just people seem to value them far higher than I think they are worth and hence prices are to me too high especially XW-XY GT, LH-LX SLR5000 and HK 5litre GTS (by next shelf I mean cars like GTR, SLR5000, 5.0L LX SS, XW-XA GT, 5 litre HK-HQ GTS). Top shelf stuff is what ideally you'd want (XR-XT GT, XW-XY GT-HO, XA RPO83, HK-HQ 1837, HQ XW8, XU1, L34, A9X, E38, E49, E55) and the HQ XW8 (GTS350 sedan) despite being one of the rarest is probably the most affordable of the lot, and has the added bonus that parts for it are not that hard to obtain, even if you damage a quarter. That one I posted a link to hasn't got factory A/C, but heaps have. Another suggestion is maybe go chasing Oz about his HQ GTS350 coupe. It really needs paint but it is a very straight and solid car with only tidy up work needed, plus it is auto-air-steer and is a nicer green. Last I head it was for sale for the right price.

I agree with all you have said Byron. They are very over priced so XW is an option, South AFtrican car would just be to enjoy not really re-sale, and not about to spen big $$ on it either. There are a few around here still in sheds, and I know of a couple locally, and as they are older guys may want to sell when retiring to the coast, or hoping they do hehe. Unless their kids want them or want them to sell onto me at a greater rate. Anyways I can wait until the right one comes along. I am just content with what we have, I inquired about GTS van, but he has pulled it off the market, which is good as its a lovely van, and I am glad he is keeping it for now.
    Married to RodneyHZ253

At least the ute is a commercial vehicle Jenny.... hard to tell the ATO you are carrying bags of cement in the back of the coupe. haha

Mauser
    “485650 HQ's cant be wrong...”
    “You don’t drive a Kingswood, you make love to it. That’s why nuns only drive Toranas.” - Ted Bullpitt

Thread Information