Quote Originally Posted by SLR_dave View Post
Collectable - yep, just a bit!! The Mazda Roadpacer, as far as I know, had only the rotary in it. The 13B I think. The thing was that to get the little rotary to zip like it does in a Capella or an RX7 when you are looking at the weight of the H series (HX -HZ, I dont know exactly, maybe HJ? - somebody will know) sort of means it didnt zip!!! (Apparantly, I cant claim to have ever driven or ever seen one).

The story goes that in order to combat the lack of of power from the motor, Mazda offered a heap of luxury options on it, like full electric windows, I dunno exactly, but I think everything I've read about it says it was a bit of a dud! Still very very collectable!!!

I dunno if the body was assembled in Japan or Australia, but it's a good point I think in this thread, because it brings up that once, (maybe just once?) GMH did manage to export something to the very protected Japanese market and sell it there - albeit with a shared engine (and Tokyo style mirrors on the fenders)! A very cool thing to have, extremely valuable I would imagine to the right buyer.
G'day Dave,

Just thought you might be interested as I was at what some one might value a Mazda Road Pacer at in dollar terms.

I am a Philistine I know but nonetheless lol

Found one for sale, can't seem to find a date on listing but anyways.

http://www.j-spec.com.au/featured/id-11445