Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traveling again

That's the plan.

We are a bit old now to just do the camp all the way thing, and it's nice to grab a motel room for a good sleep and a hot shower but we are certainly looking for a retro sort of trip, just hanging out and doing whatever we feel like without following a schedule.

It might take a week, might take 2 or more to get there (and back).

Don't know and don't care......
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Takes me back to when me and my girl used to go down south to Margaret River for the long weekends and just camp on the beach young and free
    and not a care in the world would kill to turn the clock back 30 years

Yeah. I did exactly the same thing on this side of the World mate. Life was simple in those days, but I'm not letting the chance to (sort of) relive it slip away.

Times have changed and the World is a very different place now, but everyone that has a panel van has the chance to experience what it was like to some extent if they want.

.... and it's about 37 years for me!...
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Yep im going to start doing it very soon just have to get my sandy on the road
    if frosty has his way it would be next week

Cool.

You know the slogan "it's not the destination, it's the journey"? It really is true.

All my life I've had goals. Most I've achieved, some I've just missed out on. But the "journey" and the fact that I believed the goals were achievable was really the fun part.

Doesnt help when you still got mouths to feed though but i aint gunna let that stop me

No, that's true. And you definitely need to have your priorities in order (& it seems you have).

My wife and I have no children and no longer have a mortgage, so we are able to throttle-back a bit on the required income. We've done the hard yards and can now reap the rewards so that's why I'm taking advantage of the situation and doing the road trip. It still depends on how my shoulder is after the surgery, but it should be the right time for a bit of rest and recovery.

Go for it rob where a long time dead apparently

Yep, you only get one go on the merry go round.

Life isn't a "dress rehersal"

Thread Information