Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ugly replica panel van

would want a balaklava to sit in that turd

We should all chip in and buy it so we could quickly strip it of any useable bits and give the rest a funeral. That way we would save some poor fool from buying it and actually thinking they had something cool.

I don't usually knock someone else's efforts, and we've all made some mistakes before with car mods, but that thing is just really tragic. Someone took a standard van (which we'd all have as a spare or a shop truck or whatever, and turned it into something repulsive.

Sad.....
    Last edited by Big Rob; 06-02-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Cmon rob you want it bad dont you

Yeah....
    .... you can tell can't you?
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Yep hahahaha i will donate to the demise of that thing

I'm glad we're on page 2 now. Every time I responded when we were still on page 1 I had to look at it again and it was making me sick.

Seriously though, it's a shame that someone put an obvious effort in to make it an eyesore. I don't know about the rest of you, but I get compliments from strangers every time I take my van out and it's nothing special, just a tidy van with big wheels and a few period-correct mods.

Some people just try way too hard I guess.....

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    I'm glad we're on page 2 now. Every time I responded when we were still on page 1 I had to look at it again and it was making me sick.

Seriously though, it's a shame that someone put an obvious effort in to make it an eyesore. I don't know about the rest of you, but I get compliments from strangers every time I take my van out and it's nothing special, just a tidy van with big wheels and a few period-correct mods.

Some people just try way too hard I guess.....
    I also get a few compliments and then I get questions about ............ fuel economy

Fuel economy!!!!!!??????
    Do you tell them that your van weighs about 1/2 that of a new Commodore (feels like it anyway) and you don't drive it every day, so fuel economy is irrelevant?

Tell anyone asking about fuel economy that the cool factor of the van offsets the cost of any (wasted) fuel. You can't put a price on the fun we are having....

Banned
    Smiles per miles.

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Rob View Post
    Fuel economy!!!!!!??????
    Do you tell them that your van weighs about 1/2 that of a new Commodore (feels like it anyway) and you don't drive it every day, so fuel economy is irrelevant?

Tell anyone asking about fuel economy that the cool factor of the van offsets the cost of any (wasted) fuel. You can't put a price on the fun we are having....
    lol, no Rob, far too many words.

I give them that look and smile of "if that's your big question about my car then cool is lost on you".

I am sure lots of people in the forum get those standard type comments and questions..........

"My brother in laws cousins wife's uncle used to own one EXACTLY like this and one day I am gunna buy a mustang"

The other one is people confusing original with genuine, but it's all part of it isn't it, make's it fun.
    Last edited by Flamenco_not_Flamingo; 07-02-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: grammar

Thread Information