Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HJ Sandman van in Rosetta Tasmania

HJ Sandman van in Rosetta Tasmania

$_20.jpg

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/roset...van/1037116185

Found this one on Gumtree

AN AUSTRALIAN ICON - 1975 GENUINE HJ SANDMAN PANEL VAN. Fresh balanced and blueprinted 308 with VN heads, stud girdle etc. reco Turbo 400 gearbox, new 17" wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes
    Beautifully restored.
    SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY - PHONE CALLS ONLY NO TEXTS

$45,000
    Last edited by Taily; 03-02-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Dollars

The more I look at this one the more I find incorrect.
    It presents OK and surely would be nice to see on the street. But at the asking price there are many, many things that are incorrect.

At $45K you shouldn't need to spend a cent.

By the fluted guards, door mirrors and the fact it's listed as a 1975 model it should be a HJ meaning the stripes are wrong. Black tailgate hinges, gas struts, seat backboards.
    Not sure what nose is on it as it doesn't show in the pictures. I see GTS/Rally rims in the background so "maybe" they come with it?

Anyway, neat Van. Optimistically over priced from what I see.

Yeah, it looks nice but even though the stripes are wrong I could live with that. The thing I hate when people put HX/Z Sandman stripes on a van with GTS guards is when they can't just leave the small Sandman off, they need to stick them somewhere and nowhere else looks good. I've seen them on the door, the top of the guard above the stripe(!), at the front of the guard (ala HQ350) and in the traditional HJ spot, but NOWHERE looks good except where the flutes are.

So you leave them off!!!

Stick 'em on a toolbox or send 'em to me and I'll find somewhere cool for 'em!

Don't like the gas strut idea either, but otherwise a very nice van although about 20 grand too dear.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Your right inners for that sort of money it should be more original

There is a fella in WA from the Westside vanners who has a van that looks very similar. Neat ride but probs $15K heavy
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by Vombil View Post
    There is a fella in WA from the Westside vanners who has a van that looks very similar. Neat ride but probs $15K heavy
    Hamish? It reminded me of his when I first spotted it. But it's obviously not that one.

I didn't want to come across as hammering it, as the Van is really quite a nice unit. Just not up to $45K original Sandman money.
    It could be put right with minimal effort and make into a real good factory Sandman. Be nice to read it's tags.

$45k seems to be the new "Dreamer" price for Sandman's. These been a few lately with that number on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Hamish? It reminded me of his when I first spotted it. But it's obviously not that one.

I didn't want to come across as hammering it, as the Van is really quite a nice unit. Just not up to $45K original Sandman money.
    It could be put right with minimal effort and make into a real good factory Sandman. Be nice to read it's tags.

maybe he was a prior owner or new owner? when i saw the van it was owned by a bloke named Jay who headed up the club
    BQZ

Found a picture on my harddrive that appears to be the same Van.
    It is marked as "Johnny's" maybe a forum member?

In this picture it appears to be in a trimmers shop and shows a standard HJ nose cone.

Anyone that has a sandman would hang on to it as they are getting harder to find for sure price has to go up l will never sell my sandman

Thread Information