Thread: Week end at Toowoomba veteran and vintage swap meet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Flamenco_not_Flamingo

Week end at Toowoomba veteran and vintage swap meet

Mick and I had a great time at the Toowoomba swap meet. Windy as hell, but dry at least.

Met another couple of forum members, was a real pleasure meeting Duc1991, a thorough gentleman and his lovely wife, a great car couple, and had a few other car friends come down.

The vans attracted plenty of attention but better than that, they made for lots of conversations with people, walking down memory lane, ideas, discussions, vague teasing clues about vans " just like that" hidden away in various sheds to be discovered and vans having being discovered!

Could have actually used one of our forum expert people sitting there fielding all types of questions which were pretty interesting, people wanting to know what was what and did it have that but I did the next best thing and directed them to the forum mysandman.com.au

Met four people that made me extremely envious, owners of HQ Sandman panel vans, one who had bought his new, one who bought his when it was a year old and has done 2 full resto's on it, and other fantastic yarns of discovery and recovery , enjoyed it.

A HQ Sandman panel van is my Moby Dick and just like Ahab, the search continues.

Met people with Sandman utes and other Sandman panel vans, talked about colours and favourites and wish lists.

I would have made more money if I charged people for taking photos lol, might have gone part of the way to pay for the beer I imbibed!

Made some new friends which is what I love about cars, they can do that, no snobbery, no Manufacturers bias's, just people that love cars and perhaps some new devotees infected with panel van fever.
    Last edited by Blocker; 02-02-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Thread Information