Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never ending project

Leadfoot
    Mate , That's sweet!
    If you only get 350/400Hp I'll be surprised, I've got a mate with one non-intercooled in a liteace van, and it punches out around 650 at the wheels, all day every day! more if he winds the wick up.

Did you do all that trim work yourself, the door trims aren't my thing, but I admire the skill that went into creating them, they're a nice job! The seats I like .... A lot!!

Cheers, Scotty.

Leadfoot
    Yes the trim work is mine . In fact everything done on my vehicles is my work . No mechanic gets their hands on my rides.
    The body work on the van is only a coat of black etch prime applied after sandblasting (gently) and all filler removed but there was not much of that. No body work has been done yet. I lied the bonnet has had a bit of filler .
    The door trims are a bit of an experiment And im not even 100% sold on them but ive got about 10m of the sparkly black vinyl left , so I might just revisit As the design I feel is not quite balanced and the artwork is a bit chunkey But sometimes when your freehanding things don't turn out as sharp as one would like. As for the power estimate That was before I decided to go 304 but it all revolves around the injector size only 42lb and the standard rods and pistons . I might wind it up to see what I get and if it goes pop I would have only blown about a K. It is going to be fun tho.
    cheers

jeezoos!!!!!!!!!!!! that is killer!

no shit seeing stuff like that makes me want to move to the country and just tinker. so creative

fantastic work dude
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by utevanwgn View Post
    Yes the trim work is mine . In fact everything done on my vehicles is my work . No mechanic gets their hands on my rides.
    The body work on the van is only a coat of black etch prime applied after sandblasting (gently) and all filler removed but there was not much of that. No body work has been done yet. I lied the bonnet has had a bit of filler .
    The door trims are a bit of an experiment And im not even 100% sold on them but ive got about 10m of the sparkly black vinyl left , so I might just revisit As the design I feel is not quite balanced and the artwork is a bit chunkey But sometimes when your freehanding things don't turn out as sharp as one would like. As for the power estimate That was before I decided to go 304 but it all revolves around the injector size only 42lb and the standard rods and pistons . I might wind it up to see what I get and if it goes pop I would have only blown about a K. It is going to be fun tho.
    cheers
    I have some spare standard 8.4:1 304 rotating/reciprocating internals I can freight you if you start going through them. Pistons are +0.10. They are spare to me as I've gone with a stroker bottom end. I might (dunno yet, I've just bought and about to get stuck into renovating a house) have some 60lb injectors spare as well as I'm leaning towards going Holley TB EFI. Made up an internal swirl pot and walbro in tank pump to feed it all. Hopefully it will work well enough.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Leadfoot
    Hi Taily.
    Thanks for the offer.
    The holly TB systems are good . I ran a 2bbl avenger on my 253 for a couple of years.
    Try and get a returnless system if they make one and find a way to use a late model efi disy so you can use the spark control .
    And get the biggest 4bbl they make cause I found I was limited when I wanted to add power.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by utevanwgn View Post
    Hi Taily.
    Thanks for the offer.
    The holly TB systems are good . I ran a 2bbl avenger on my 253 for a couple of years.
    Try and get a returnless system if they make one and find a way to use a late model efi disy so you can use the spark control .
    And get the biggest 4bbl they make cause I found I was limited when I wanted to add power.
    Cheers
    Did you use the standard VN dizzy or did you go with MSD or similar? Was hoping I could get it to run the VN dizzy without having to go for a complete MSD. Looking at the Dominator set up as it will control a TH700 without having to set-up a manual system to lock the converter so that it primarily driving which way I go.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Leadfoot
    I used a modified chevy type disy the one with the coil built in to the cap and a module from a early efi chev I think their the same as a early holden camera .
    But I have some new spares , I think they were only about $20. The better way to go is if you can find a early electronic disy the magnetic pickup type and use the chevy module.
    The VN hall effect disys are also a option but I think you would also have to run the holden efi ignition module and the wiring gets a bit tricky.
    At least with the magnetic type disy and the chevy module it is mimicking a chev 350 setup which is what the holley systems are designed to run.
    Also there are some programmable outputs on the avenger and HP systems that can be used to control the lockup.
    And the avenger software can be upgraded to HP over the net for free.

Leadfoot
    funn 001.JPGJust for a bit of fun watya think

I reckon a good name for your rocket should be Twin Bin,

Leadfoot
    I like a lott

Thread Information