Thread: Hz sandman

Hz sandman

ok was just wondering from you guys in the know.... is there any down side in taking off the compliance plates for safe keeping .... untill it gets restored one day or are they just best left there on the car ?

Just leave them on until time comes to resto but having said that taking them off aint going to affect anything

take off. you'll sleep a lot easier
    BQZ

Thats it take them off thats what l did if they need a clean up try foil and water works to a degree

also ... heres another question thought i read somewhere that there was something in writing under the compliance plates is this true .

l dont really know but lm going through a rebuild now and lve had it transported to a few different places

Some buyers get worried if you are selling a car that has obviously had the plates re-installed (for obvious reasons), but when a panel beater does a major repair in that area they are removed and re-installed, so it shouldn't be a problem. It wouldn't bother me as long as the numbers all matched.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Banned
    How many times do these get taken off and lost. Don't remove until you are 100% sure it's going to the panel beaters. The car is worth bugger all to anyone if they get lost. Assuming its a sandman that is.

If you don't need to pull them off then don't. Original rivets show that not only is it the original body but that the car wasn't full of cancer and needing major rust repairs in the cowl. I wouldn't even clean the plates and rivets up too much.

+1 to both of the above. If I was a buyer it would always put doubt in my mind if there was any question of authenticity with the car. That said if it isn't anything "special" (*) then it is up to you.

(*) XX7 plated or other desirable type readily identifyable only by tags.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Thread Information