Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paints

i think its had some really shitty rust repairs. i spoke to the guy and he didnt rule out LOTS of bog in the repair equation
    BQZ

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Ugly paint colour! The whole van was povo though. No forced air ventilation and a 202??
    Yep super povo all over.

Quote Originally Posted by seavan View Post
    Innuendo,
    Hows this for an ugly duckling then,

HJ8WM70
    1887 64V
    568 15957
    L32 M20

6/75
    2200kg
    seat 2

Maybe they did make the odd one?
    Yes, but why would anybody ever have chosen it?

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Not a bad price for a HJ Sandman though.... Looks to be in pretty fair condition for $11,000. Paint it whatever colour you want and whack in a LS1 and auto and you'd have a pretty nice cruiser.

or a good genuine Sandman for a P plater.....
    I agree "if" it is a Sandman and the body is OK it is a prime candidate for a modified Sandman. Couldn't ask for better and the price is realistic.
    Still a sh!t colour. Go out and paint the [strike]town[/strike] Sandman Chamois... WOW

Err, strike tags don't work with this forum :O(

What colour stripe were standard on a Chamois Sandman? Lets see if can get any uglier!

Sandman Guru
    Remember most Holdens were stock orders, not ordered by the Customer. Marketing drove the schedule and they made what they thought the public would buy.

Black on HJ (and late HQ).
    DX5 on HX (plum/purple/dark blue) and HZ (bright blue/blue green/dark blue).

I would like to see a pic of one with the black stripes on it if anyone has one handy?

I had a mate years ago with a HJ sandman in Chamois with Black stripes. I personally didn't mind the colour and his one looked tough with a very low stance and real wide U.S. racing mags and BFG T/A's, Statesman front and L-88 bonnet scoop.

I have a chamois LX Torana now with a B A D stroker and it is a sleeper until you start it up.....

Hey, there are 2 chamois paint colours too, a soft cream and a cream with a slight green tinge.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

I can only ever equate the colour with commercials such as the one tonner as I remember it being the predominant colour I saw them around in. Plenty of utes and not all that many vans. I remember a (HX or Z - leaning towards Z as I think it may have been an SL colour combo) sedan two tone colour combo that looked like the darker chamois colour (had the green tinge to it) below a green roof. One of the detailers at Packards had a very neat example in the late 80's.

Oh the heights of chique were well and truly met in the 70's!
    Nunc est bibendum...

Sandman Guru
    HJ GTS's look good in chamois. It is actually nicer than white in that application.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    HJ GTS's look good in chamois. It is actually nicer than white in that application.
    Dont know about that

Banned
    Nothing looks good in chamois. Bamboo in WB is as bad.

Sandman Guru
    HJ GTS looks good in it. I've seen a few. The red on the transfers and badge, plus the red stripe in the 18V trim really sets it off. Far nicer than plain white on that particular car. Similar colour in WB is Torquay Sand.

Thread Information