Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HQ Windowless Panelvan for sale

Cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat7051 View Post
    Thanks, which is on the to do lit first for you?
    Just saw that you asked 'which' is on the to do list first... haha The tonner will be done first. It already has a bare metalled/new componentry chassis and the engine (though 253) has had some work. Cab and front need paint, is remarkably rust free, has a stato front and is ready to spray. Also needs an interior as the one in it, while awesome, will come out to make way for a whole different colour. The cool thing about the tonner is it can all be done away from home and by the time it's finished, I should have a shed. Leaving the important jobs like the Sandman to be done in comfort. And ridiculous cost.

shhhh dont mention cost ,.... the other halves may be watching

Cruiser
    Mines in bed... hahaha (She just asked what I was doing online and rolled over with a huff when I didn't lie to her.)
    Can't live with 'em...

here here, but sell it for $20 G profit and then its ohhh I always said that doing that car was a good idea!

Learner Driver
    Original 308 4 speed sounds interesting but for the money I am willing to put into the right car as in restore myself or pay for someone else completed job it has to have all the right tell tale signs.
    Someone out there must know someone with money tied up in a Sandman that they would need for a house etc.

The problem with buying a HQ Sandman is that they don't come up very often, and when they do there's a lot of guys like yourself looking for them. You need to be prepared to compromise and ready to pay a little more than the other guys if you want one.

Edit- I say this on every car forum, but if you're looking for a bargain then a model specific forum is the last place to look. If I put up a post in this thread saying that I know of a HQ Sandman van coming up for sale, I can guarantee I'd have 10 PM's about it before you even saw the post. You need to find the one that no other Sandman interested person knows about, and keep it to yourself until a deal is done.
    Last edited by playwme; 24-01-2014 at 12:05 PM.

Learner Driver
    Yep I know what you are saying. This forum is a other avenue which need to be looked at and you never know what may come without having a go.
    For the right one I will be very hard to out bid and if I am it is the seller who wins and every other sandman owner who can watch their car appreciating in value due to what people are prepared to pay.
    I think a bargain is most likely to be something you don't mind if its a bit rough and leave it like that or it could be someone elses mess, but the bargain certainly evaporates once you start on a resto
    My Hq GTS has cost me over 60k (10k buy price) and still counting but I don,t mind too much because I like the colour combo of March the 17th with a flax interior

Nice. Don't forget to put up some pics of of your coupe in the "other rides" section. There's a few of us here with a coupe in the collection as well.

Thread Information