Thread: no oil pressure

It's a rockin'

no oil pressure

Hi i have just started my 308 and have no oil pressure,the motor came out of a donor car and was running fine when i bought it.The only thing i did before putting it in another car was put it on an engine stand and put another sump on it so that means the engine was upside down for a while. i took the oil pressure sender out and primed the pump and the oil filter is full and i know its not the gauge.when the motor was upside down would it be possible for the shaft that drives the pump to disengage from the cam? any help or ideas would be appreciated thanks

take rocker gear off.... if engine is running and no oil to the top after a minute or two yes you have an oil pressure problem....

how did you prime oil pump?
    "All correspondence must bear these numbers"

Banned
    Fill the oil pump with Vaseline or better still buy a new oil pump.

remove oil pump fill with vasoline like wbute said refit pump fill oil filter to top before screwing back on and remove coil lead before cranking till you get oil pressure if you removed the oil pick up when the sump was off did you change the gasket or it could suck air in the pick up

It's a rockin'
    Quote Originally Posted by adam perth View Post
    take rocker gear off.... if engine is running and no oil to the top after a minute or two yes you have an oil pressure problem....

how did you prime oil pump?
    i filled the pump with oil through the sender hole with a funnel and some plastic hose, i put in as much as it would take

Banned
    If its not sucking air then try vasoline. But it means you need a new one.

Cruiser
    Last time I had a 308 out for a while I got a mates pressure pot filled with oil and primed it all first with fresh oil then run it picked it up good but have done vaso trick to pick it before an old 253 tonner I got once took a while and a few fills with a horse siringe ( from vet) through the pressure switch hole it hadn't run for years slowly started pumping oil up top when running put tapper covers back on drove it then sold it minus a few good bits

Sandman Guru
    I use grease nowadays rather than vaseline, i've had vaseline clog up the filter inlet on me a couple of times.

It's a rockin'
    All fixed thanks for your help, pumping oil down the sender hole did the trick

Thread Information