Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 202 t0 253/308

If you are on a budget just go with the 253 forget the injection way its more money that you dont have to spend

I just spoke to a guy about HX ute with a blue 308, supra 5 speed and 3.55 diff. the ute it self has a months rego and minimal rust all for around 3ish mark do you guys think this is a good driveline combo?

Banned
    Sounds like a good option to me. Make sure the gearbox is ok.

Cruiser
    If you have the cash that sounds like a good deal if not much rust keep it on the road until your ready to do yours put six months on it and drive it that will test it out if you want to go ahead swap it all into your ute sweet I had a vn to put eng in a ute drove well was gonna put 6 months on it but too close to x mas so now it's out of rego the eng can come out

Quote Originally Posted by JackHopkins View Post
    Hey RAEME what is the fuel consumption like on your 253? what gear box and diff do you have with it? Im thinking 253 at the moment just for overall cost and to keep to a comfortable level.
    Mate I had that engine in a HZ sedan about 15years ago, I can't remember the fuel consumption. It wasn't so bad then fuel was only 70 cents a liter or so. It was in front of a m21 with a statesman 2.78 diff. Real low revs on highway bit hard on a hill start with taller first but was manageable back then you just come off the clutch and nailed it so wasn't a real issue. I had a smaller Rochester carb of a blue 253 so it was about a 550 I think. I kept the engine when I fitted a 308 to the sedan because it was a little ball terror. So it's in the rack with all the others.

The above combo sounds good on the HX, just remember no price is cheap if the motor rattles the gearbox clunks and the diff whines check it all real good, don't be shy to ask if you do a compression test first that will tell you heaps about the engine condition.

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by JackHopkins View Post
    I just spoke to a guy about HX ute with a blue 308, supra 5 speed and 3.55 diff. the ute it self has a months rego and minimal rust all for around 3ish mark do you guys think this is a good driveline combo?
    Buy it, fix any problems and sell the van. Simple! If the van has a good body you'll come out in front!

Thread Information