Thread: Albury visit

Albury visit

We are heading off to Albury for a couple days next week (road trip).

Anyone have some recommendations on sights to see, places to visit or sheds full of undiscovered classic cars?

There's an old service station on Urana Road full of Oddbox cars. Fiats, Alfa's etc. it's private property but you can have a good look from the footpath. If you happen to catch the owner there he's pretty friendly. He was showing us a Lancia Sedan with a factory fitted FWD Ferrari V8 under the bonnet last time I was there. Had a lot of trouble with vandalism so he may have moved the good ones.

Have you got accomodation sorted? Mother-law has a couple of self contained cottages reasonably close to town. A cold beer in the outdoor spa at night is something I try to do whenever we stay there.
    http://alburydreamcottages.com.au/

We have a place to stay thank you. I'll have a day free to look around even if it's a couple hours drive out of Albury to look around.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    There's an old service station on Urana Road full of Oddbox cars. Fiats, Alfa's etc. it's private property but you can have a good look from the footpath. If you happen to catch the owner there he's pretty friendly. He was showing us a Lancia Sedan with a factory fitted FWD Ferrari V8 under the bonnet last time I was there. Had a lot of trouble with vandalism so he may have moved the good ones.

Have you got accomodation sorted? Mother-law has a couple of self contained cottages reasonably close to town. A cold beer in the outdoor spa at night is something I try to do whenever we stay there.
    http://alburydreamcottages.com.au/
    He has gone, the bank moved in on him, all the cars are gone and the property has been sold by the bank, he has lots of stuff including v12 jag engines, a lambo urraco. lancias, alfas, fiats and so on.
    my suggestion is corowa nice little collection in the industrial area near mavrick boats or shepparton motor museum

http://www.sheppartonmotormuseum.com.au/

http://www.corowa.nsw.gov.au/visitor...0611222781.asp
    Driver -1981 WB kingswood 253 4 speed
    Weekend- AC Cobra replica 302ho(425hp) 4 speed toploader
    Project Complete- SLR 5000 LH mock up(next door Neighbors)
    never late in a 5.0 litre

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post
    We have a place to stay thank you. I'll have a day free to look around even if it's a couple hours drive out of Albury to look around.

Head across the Hume Wier and there's a nice quiet twisty road that follows the lake. Good driving road.

Thread Information