Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Historic Club Rego - Ups & Downs

Historic Club Rego - Ups & Downs

Yeah, my club don't even like you to have mag wheels for historic rego, so I'm guessing a big block might ruffle a few feathers.

If "period mods" were permitted in my club, then my blown SL/R would qualify. Almost everything on it is old school......
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Cruiser
    Spoke to a bloke who has a hj-x prem in a club and he said period mods such as 7" hotwires and chrome tips etc but period mods could have been to put the full race L34 eng out of the smashed torana or I remember a hq ss that had a lynx engineering 308 full house as they called it and a blue tonner with a 454 used to get about but not sure how they would react to that ute

Sandman Guru
    Depends on the club. You can do your own too and make your own charter. And keep membership to a few mates who won't go stupid.
    You'd have to make it look stock though. I plan to put my big block HK on club rego, it'll look stock though, 6" rims, stock ride height etc. Just BBC, Muncie and 12 bolt. All period mods, 12 bolt was optional for HK GTS327.
    Last edited by HK1837; 04-12-2013 at 09:41 AM.

Cruiser
    Sound cool can I be in ya club lol!

The "period mods" excuse is bullshit.
    Below is an extract from from the NSW RMS website-

"Historic vehicles manufactured 30 or more years ago are eligible for conditional registration if the operator belongs to a Roads and Maritime Services -recognised historic vehicle club, and the vehicle has not been altered except for certain safety features or period accessories. The vehicle's use of the road network is restricted to club events."

By "period accessories" they mean ACCESSORIES like aftermarket period airconditioning, venitian blinds, wheel spats, etc. Not hot up bits.

If you ask me (only my kids do, and their never listen), there are far to many "clubs" over-stepping the line.
    There was a complete custom sky blue Torana at the All Holden Day with Historic plates.
    The RMS should remove the plates, cancel the rego and remove the club from the historic registration scheme.

Fine, push the state government for limited use "street machine" rego, but dont crap on the Historic rego.

Rant over
    Chris

Agree with Chris. Push it too much and they'll just cancel the lot. You want a nice street machine to drive occasionally? It's not going to be free, pay the rego. Same as the dirtbikers. Expensive toys are an expensive hobby. Suck it up Princesses.

Yep, it definitely depends on the club. Mine is very strict on mods. A chrome air cleaner won't be tolerated unless it came with one standard.

I was at a show a few years ago and there was a nice FC sedan with 7"chromies, lowered, triple SU's, sports steering wheel, etc, etc,... and it was on club rego. The owner said it was typical of cars in his club. I personally liked it and saw it as a "period correct" car, but it certainly doesn't fit in with the rego guidelines.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Hard to make a call on it tho. I can see both sides of above arguments, It seems to me that there are certain people in the position to make calls in relation to our road and rego rules to suit their own agendas.

Have you seen the plates? Fugly! I wouldn't hang them on any of my cars.

hear hear, state plates look bad enough.

Thread Information