Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Persian Sand Sandman?

Banned
    Wow. Good buy. Good to see they are bringing realistic prices again.

Quote Originally Posted by Calbert View Post
    Good on ya Sean, My 2 cents is... if I found that van in my drive way I would do as you thought and put it on the road as is after a road worthy + reg, then look-listen and gather all you need for a Re-do and hit it with every thing at once, that way you won't do as most of us have done and open a big can of worms
    Yep, and enjoy driving it for a while and maybe finding a few things that do or don't need to be attended to when the rebuild takes place.

It looks cool as a survivor anyway, I'm liking survivor cars more and more every day.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sneaking into my territory and whisking good cars away? Geez.

My Missus says "thank you".

That's a really good pickup at that price. Again, it goes to show that a bit of legwork, a road trip, and keeping the location secret until its in the garage is how you get a good car at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Again, it goes to show that a bit of legwork, a road trip, and keeping the location secret until its in the garage is how you get a good car at a good price.
    Yeah but the real secret is to hang around Rod and Jen..... They got offered it and showed it to me.... bless them.. They are bloody Sandman magnets.

Rod dropped in with a set of windows from his red van, rubbers are soft as and perfect to replace the hard cracked ones in the back of mine.....

Also picked up a new water pump today to replace the leaking one and bought some black loop pile moulded carpet off EBay. Will do a run to Forbes wreckers on Saturday and see what I can scrounge up for it there.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

Sandman Guru
    Sean

When I had Greg send down the HZ Premier "GTS" fascia that came from Jennie and Rod, remember there was a black one with it, was rough but repairable? Was it a black HJ one? I think it was HJ, just can't remember. Is yours supposed to be silver or was it late enough to get a black one? Does it have one? I'm happy for you to use that one of mine if it suits, I just want some good photos of it restored if you do it!

Thanks Byron, I can't remember what the black fascia was and it just got put with all the others I have... Your GTS and standard Prem fascia were the important ones and are stored separately... I'll get on to those again once I set up the shed over Xmas.... New boss has been riding my arse to get a big job finished and been to buggered to do after work stuff.. LOL

I have a few HJ fascias but as I have factory air I can use a HX fascia which I removed from my old Monaro. I managed to score some Nos HJ idiot lights so will install those when I restore the Fascia...

image.jpg

Damn IPad.... Doesn't matter what I do the pics download upside down......

pretty sure the silver fascia was used in the HJ till around 7/75 so will use silver in mine.
    Last edited by Blocker; 09-12-2013 at 09:14 PM.

I fixed it for you.

Guys, I have a 'mint' HJ black fascia with the centre vent sealed, that I would sell/trade for same silver fascia. My HJ has aircon so its centre vent must be open.

Why not repaint the black one silver Andrew? Probably easier than trying to find another mint uncut one in silver. Happy to do it for you if you want after I finish Byrons Premier fascia.

Note the original key in the glovebox lock in the pic above...... Works too....
    Last edited by Absinth; 09-12-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Sandman Guru
    No rush.
    The black one had holes drilled in the textured section I think where the RTS badge goes on HZ. It had from memory HJ idiot lights. Can't recall if it had high beam light in the cluster or in the speedo.

Thanks for posting my Persian Sand Mk2 HZ Sandman Alien DNA in a earlier post, I think it is a classic example of the great colour. It is currently under a full resto after I was able to track it down after 30 odd years. I loved the colour and it was my second new Persian Sand Holden, the first being a HQ Kingy 308 with full GTS options. I hope to post a pic of the Van in that exact same location later on this year..still a bit of water left under the bridge yet. Cheers!

Thread Information