Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shed extension......

Shed extension......

I'm currently adding a bit of an extension to the shed to help get a few more cars under cover. Of course, the day we started it rained (hasn't rained here for months!) and we've had rain (on and off) every day since. We've got the frame up, so it's just the roof and walls and roller door to go.

An extra 12m x 3m with a section dedicated to setting up my parts washer and welding/grinding area away from cars.

Of course, as you all know, it will be WAY too small and I'll fill it up with crap in no time. When I first built the original shed (12m x 10m with a 4m x 10m loft) it was so big I thought I'd never fill it, but now I can't move in there.

I'll post some pics when I take some (when the rain stops!)
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Bragger

Lol

No.... Not bragging, but I understand what you are saying.

Down my way my shed is called "the garden shed" by a couple of mates who have sheds more like aircraft hangars!

Mine is a pretty decent size for a residential block is suppose. It makes me wonder how I built cars back in a 1 car garage years ago.

Oh, and it rained most of Saturday too, so no more work done.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

What scared of a little rain we will be calling you big soft rob soon

I know what you mean about more room req!! I just added a 5.3 x 3.5 mtr extension to my shed so I can get all the non car shit out of my shed. Am sick of moving heaps of stuff before I can use the hoist or get to my tool chest.

Cars and parts only when it's done!! Slab went down yesterday, and yep it rained here too!!

Was just takin the piss mate, no matter how big the shed is it always ends up full.

Funny how big they look when empty, and how easy it is to fill it up.

We're looking at a knock down/new house next year, which will include a shed extension as well. Current shed is 6 x 7 metres (which is great, unless you want to actually work in it lol). The extension will basically double this, along with a higher roof for hoist later down the track.

Mrs and kids get a new house and I get a bigger shed, win win all round

Did you guys end up moving?
    Nunc est bibendum...

Quote Originally Posted by Glacier 73 View Post
    What scared of a little rain we will be calling you big soft rob soon
    Heeeeey! Settle down!

Big Rob was ready to go every morning, but his SOFT builder mate kept pulling the pin!

He was worried about getting his tools wet....... geeeeez, I offered to wrap 'em in plastic.

So, Monday morning we sheet the walls, then order the roof colourbond sheets cut to length. I'm still trying to decide on whether to put a couple of clear sheets in the roof near the existing windows to try to keep some natural light in the big shed, but I also worry about security.

I'll try to remember to take some pics when the walls are up.

A hoist in here somewhere, and the extension is on the back side...Mr Bad finished 041.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by V8VAN View Post
    Was just takin the piss mate, no matter how big the shed is it always ends up full.

Funny how big they look when empty, and how easy it is to fill it up.

We're looking at a knock down/new house next year, which will include a shed extension as well. Current shed is 6 x 7 metres (which is great, unless you want to actually work in it lol). The extension will basically double this, along with a higher roof for hoist later down the track.

Yeah, a hoist is a great idea. My roof is 5.5metres, so I'm ok there. My biggest stumbling point with a hoist purchase is whether to get a 2 or 4 poster. I like the idea of a 4 post so you can park a car on it for long periods, but they take up a lot of floor space. A 2 poster is great for working on, but I hate the idea of leaving the suspension hanging for long periods, so I can't use it to keep a car on.

Mrs and kids get a new house and I get a bigger shed, win win all round

Nice shed

Thread Information