Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WB bitza

Learner Driver

WB bitza

After living over in the UAE for the last 10 years had been looking around for a 1950-80 holden for when I got back as a bit of a project. Was in no rush until some bastard hit my daily driver MGB while it was parked out the front of the house and just drove off. So with it being in the shop for at least another 3 months I thought what better opportunity to get that old holden. Searched around and found a few nice ones but all either sold before I got there or way out of my price range.
    Then I managed to find this one on gumtree. 1981 WB. Originally a 6cyl auto but the last 2 owners have given it an HX/Z front, genuine GTS guards, new paint and a trimatic 308 that has had a bit of work done, power steering and a few other things here and there. Picked it up last weekend and have spent the week fixing the electrics and doing the other odd jobs to get it ready for roadworthy and rego. It came with a bunch of spare parts including a couple of GTS dash clusters and GTS steering wheel and new tonneau which I'll fit when I get a chance.

IMAG0665.jpgIMAG0666.jpgIMAG0283.jpg

I'll upload some more pics as I get stuff done.

Well I like it,You could keep it how it is OR drop her down abit an do this an that and what ever YOU want, any how good luck with it

definately an improvement on a WB front! i like it dude. well scooped
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    Cheers guys thanks. It's got the tow pack with the adjustable height rear shocks like I had in my old VH SLX COMMODORE so for the moment the intention is black the spokes on the dragways and then a set of GTS rims when these new tyres have worn out, let some air out the rear to lower it a bit and drive it as it will be my everyday car and use around the kids horses etc. Would like an HX sandman sticker set on it and eventually fit the GTS dash. Will be fitting a bench seat and centre inertia reel seat belt in the future as well (I know but needs must) so I can use it with the kids

I like it, good pickup.
    Paddy

Sandman...Just Drive It.!

Very nice.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Why are you going to paint the Dragway wheel spokes black? I don't think I have ever seen that.

Yeah, I'd leave the wheels alone, they look great just how they are!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Learner Driver
    Finished fitting the tarp today. All the electrics are now fixed and working all the time with the only thing not finished being the reverse lights, all wired up just waiting for the actual lights to arrive. When they had fitted the hx rear lights they had just cut the wires at the back and it looks like they were never wired into the trimatic so have had to redo that. Next job sway bar bushes and mounting the transmission lines correctly as when the previous owner had the new exhaust put on the shop left the lines and the starter wires just sitting on the exhaust. Managed to catch it in time before any damage done. Then hopefully off for a roadworthy and rego.
    The wheels.... seen an old HQ lowered into the weeds and had dragways on it. He had painted just the spokes in Matt Black and looked good. Was going to do that as the spokes are a bit dull, might see how they come up with some chrome polish and elbow grease.

Fair enough, had those wheels on the van for a long time polished up they look amazingly good. The ute looks the goods she should be a ball of fun to cruise around in. Have fun bud.

Thread Information