Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HQ Sandman in purr pull

HQ Sandman in purr pull

Any one know of any genuine purr pull HQ Sandmans. ? It's listed as a 1973 colour...but just wondering. Release date for sandman was 1 /74 yeah? Does that mean that there were some 12 / 1973 plated Sandmans ?
    Last edited by adam perth; 16-10-2013 at 01:23 AM.

I would assume that there's a good chance of that considering the lag time in production around xmas.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

Sandman Guru
    Release was 2/74, and i've only ever found 1 x 1/74 Sandman (a Saffron L31 M21 van), but even it will always have a question over it as it is one of those Acacia Ridge HQ's without XX7 on the tag. It had everything else though inc console.

I do have 1 x 12/73 possible in Gunmetal, and i've flagged it as possible as it has metallic paint, but it is also sans XX7 and is Acacia Ridge.

I suppose anything is possible.

No worries. Just got onto one but it turns out its 10 / 73 as I just found out this morning....But guy insists its a sandman and has letter of verification form GMH as a sandman. I guess I could swallow 12 / 73 but not 10/73.

Also pilot cars around this time were ex dandelong not pagewood ? Correct ?
    Last edited by adam perth; 16-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Sandman Guru
    Get me the car's ID details and i'll see what stands out. If it is a good thing grab it anyway if cheap enough. A check of the tunnel will give it up if the body belongs to the tags, and given it is a Pagewood build we'll know by the firewall number.

I can't get ID. I spotted it driving across the nullabor the other day! ADR tag was off and guy had it in his office and I spoke to him today to confirm build date. But it was purr pull paint code 30b trim L31 M21 and GV4 when I looked at it. I looked at it for around 10 seconds total as there were dogs around!

I'm having a brain fade moment....

GV4 is what ratio in a HQ?
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

3.36:1 .... i think

Yeah, thanks. That's what I thought. I get mixed up between GV4 and GU4 sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alien DNA View Post
    3.36:1 .... i think
    Dig your avatar! A friend of yours?

Thread Information