Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 350 hq wagon

If I didn't have the HQ van to restore I would seriously consider that as a resto.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    People dictate the price of cars that they find desirable because of the 'want' factor through demand. Either they want what they had once or they wanted one once and now are chasing.
    Rarity doesn't factor into this for 99% of people wanting to relive a time in their lives. Thus the reason some or these low spec poverty Sandman's pull reasonably high dollars.

As for how many would find a HQ Station Wagon high on their list? Over say a Sandman, Monaro or Torana they oh so wanted or had in the 1970's or '80's?

It's a cool optioned wagon and deserves to be restored and loved. But the financial asking seems insane (unless like Byron states you want part it out for a Monaro) which would be a shame.
    It would draw more interest than any Sandman at a car show if people were given the information about its history and conection to racing.
    It would be a better investment than a 5 litre HZ Sandman in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    It would draw more interest than any Sandman at a car show if people were given the information about its history and conection to racing.
    It would be a better investment than a 5 litre HZ Sandman in my opinion.
    As an owner of multiple cars that attract attention at cars shows I can assure you someone that has a desire to own a Sandman, SL/R, A9X, SLR5000 or any desirable Monaro will show little interest in a HQ Station Wagon. When the Strongman's restored the 1946 Holden prototype No1 it held a passing interest for most, but given to option to take home their dream that car wouldn't have been the choice of all that many. As an owner of a Nationals winning Station Sedan/Wagon I can also assure you that Wagons don't rate when it comes attempting to gain the vote of a Sedan, Ute or Panelvan owner when given the option. Your Wagon/Station Sedan must be exceptional to gain the interest and people who like Sedan's aren't necessarily into anything but.

The car does have a history and like I said it should be restored and loved. Even it's story told. But you're kidding yourself if you think any HQ Station Wagon is more highly desired then those already mentioned. If there was, there would be an active HQ Station Wagon forum.

Banned
    Ah I was talking about car shows with a broader appeal than a van show or a street machine show. Something like the All Holden Days. People really like to see something unusual. You see the same old same old all the time. But it needs to be explained as to what it is.

Ah I was talking about car shows with a broader appeal than a van show or a street machine show. Something like the All Holden Days.
    All Holden Day's and model specific Nationals is what I'm talking about.

To have a car that people think is desirable is one thing, but to have a classic car is another. This HQ I think would fall into classic. If I was looking for another car to restore, just for its history and uniqueness being a chev 350 it would be something I would look at. People say to me all the time you car must be worth a fortune. I tell them it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by HZSM50 View Post
    To have a car that people think is desirable is one thing, but to have a classic car is another.
    That is basically all I'm saying. The person who loves a Sandman, Torana or Monaro is not likely to give them up even for an extremely rare HQ Station Wagon. The Sandman, SLR5000 or Monaro is always going to turn more heads and generate more interest rightly or wrongly.

Banned
    Not sure. Take the sandman to AMC Muscle Car Masters or that ex-Bob Jane station wagon and see which one people talk about more.

Not sure. Take the sandman to AMC Muscle Car Masters or that ex-Bob Jane station wagon and see which one people talk about more.
    Neither should be there other than maybe support/tow cars of the day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Neither should be there other than maybe support/tow cars of the day.
    You think an ex Bob Jane team car should not be at Muscle Car Masters???
    OK.

Thread Information