Thread: The Q's Stable mates!

Leadfoot

The Q's Stable mates!

Well seeing as there's not much to tell, or show for that matter, of my van at the moment, I thought I'd post up my other ride, and projects!
    This is my VH SLX, she's a pretty standard 308 really, aside from a bit of a tickle to the heads, the tunnel ram, twin 450 holleys, and a great cam

Trans is a tricked up T350, and diff a 4.11 nine inch

I'm pretty hopeless with photo's so the only ones I have are from my wedding

A clear view of one of only 2 dents on the car, (the other is a palm print from an over zealous helper)

Yeah, I'm the uncomfortable looking one in the suit!

I've had her for about 15 years now and she's been quite a reliable unit, does mid 12's down the quarter, and really doesn't give me any grief in traffic, except for fueling up a bit now and then!

The motor and box are out at the moment, for and engine bay tidy up, prompted by the gear box shearing off around the bell housing!
    I think that started after I snapped the tailshaft in half at eastern creek, when I replaced it there was still a vibration, wasn't I surprised when I found the cause!

Now the engine bay tidy up has resulted in recoing the front end and adding VX brakes (it never did stop!), and whacking in a new motor with VN heads and a semi high rise manifold with a 650 double pumper. I'll be using the old motor in my rod, with a T700 behind it.

So here's a picture of where I'm up to with my current project .......

It's a 1942 International, It will be running a repro ford front end, a Navara diff and suspension, and obviously a tunnel rammed 308/T700 combo.
    The lout in the cab is my son, he's also a car nut!
    It should be a roller by Christmas, and on the road by the following Christmas.

That'll do for now, I'll throw up some more pictures of my other stuff as I find them!

Cheers, Scotty.

geez scotty. how do you find time for all those projects with a kid? well done and some great pics. i looked for the dents.. cant see them. thats the beauty of photos i suppose. you can make most things look good! keep up the hard work. how bout that van. i love to hate rust. i kinda crave it. gimme gimme photos of rust!!
    BQZ

Nice car and projects, you are very well organised.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

Leadfoot
    Hi Vombil, I struggle! However he does love to help, it's just everything takes 3 times as long when he does

Between working 50+ hours a week, doing a few jobs on the side, and spending family time my projects do suffer!
    I've got 3 outside jobs on the boil at the moment, and when they're done I'm not taking on any more 'till, the rod, the Sandman and my fathers XM coupe are all done

I took this yesterday at work for you....nice crusty RUST!!!!

I don't have time at the moment to get over to photograph the van shell, but when I drag it home I'll post plenty of pics for you!

Robbo, thanks! Maybe not as well organised as the photo's make it look!

Thread Information