Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Please help this car will be sold tomorrow unless i confirm it is a sandman

It's a rockin'
    if you have room undercover to keep it then you should keep it,we all regret selling our vans and even if it isnt a sandman 308 4 spd in absinth is a fantastic combination

hahah yeah im doing up a van already i would keep it if i had the room realistically i should be doing this van up mines a 6 cal 3 spd manual van but it was my first car so want to keep it, i may regret selling this combination later on but it would really hurt if it was a sandman and i sold it

Quote Originally Posted by SANM4N View Post
    whats making it not a sandman identifiable by these tags
    Brisbane build HAS to have xx7 or xu3 stamped on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SANM4N View Post
    hj8wm70
    Based on that it could be a Sandman, but because it is Brisbane built is MUST have XX7 or XU3 on the tag.
    While it may be possible it slipped through without getting the correct stamp you will have a life of misery trying to prove it.
    On top of that you have already stated the body doesn't have the Sandman fittings.

For a lousy thousand I'd keep the tags and whatever else you have.

It is not a Sandman in my eyes though, just a very neat high optioned Holden Van!

is that definite is it? i wasnt sure whether that was 100% or not, well it makes me happier to know that im still selling it cheap but selling it will help me keep going with my van and give me half the garage back cheers for the replays

It's a rockin'
    i understand that i still have my first car (had it for 34 years) and would never sell it but if your donor van is good then buy a decent car cover and keep it. My van has been under a cover in a carport for almost 3 years and hasnt deteriorated

ill put it to him see if he wants the tags but he really seemed interested once i told him what they were i dont need anything else off it i have heaps of parts and ill probably use a lot of new stuff on the van

i just dont have the room for permanent cars i live in a new estate on a small block i buy about 30-40 h series holdens a year and store/ repair/ wreck them in a nearby suburb at a mates place but i cant have another project just sitting each time i do a car it costs $30,000-$40,000 and my last one a LH torana had to go to make way for my van the van is good if you look at a recent thread thing i made, ive just had mine sandblasted and mines pretty good for rust this ones even better its a shame to sell but i have to

It's a rockin'
    keep it keep it keep it keep it your gunna be sorry!

hahaha i probably will ive got another van for wrecking nearby i own it with my mate im about to cut that up for my van im taking the windows out of mine i need some gutters etc too i should check those tags i think thats a factory 308 van too its got a 308 th400 in it i dont remember what the tags say im sure it was v8 but had 3 seat capacity so i didn't bother checking the rest, i had a hq belmont van once i was so excited this was a couple years ago factory 2 seater 253 4 speed no windows full hoodlining but the factory colour was a horrible yellow creamy brown almost mustard and it was a 1973 model i just keep missing out on the sandman's lol

Thread Information