Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dont think its a Kingswood

Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Your not are you? That's it, off to the naughty corner for you!
    We will have to sit next to him we have hq wheel nuts on our hz
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by back n black View Post
    hey Guru have a look at these for me I do need to clarify
    8M70TFJ5-----J

GVW- 1950
    Cap- 2
    Date- 12/75
    BHJ-----M

HJ8WM70
    1890- 19v
    568- 15953

L31 M21 GV4
    568-15953 = Mandarin Red
    19V = Black Trim
    L31 = 308
    M21 = 4 Speed
    GV4 = 3.36:1 Diff Ratio

Tags look good for a Sandman, just need the body to match.

Mandarin Red with Black trim, derated GVM. Looks pretty good. Like you say though, as a rebody the full value isn't there. If you dream of owning and driving a nice van then you could do it up, but to get full value you'd want to keep it for a long time. If you're thinking that its something that might get sold in order for a house deposit in a couple of years then just sell yours and buy an already restored one. Drive it for a few years and then you'll get your money back(maybe even plus some). If you restore one you'll never get your resto costs back unless you hold onto it for 30 years.

Get the right body and do a good job of it and I don't have any issue. Attention to detail.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by playwme View Post
    Mandarin Red with Black trim, derated GVM. Looks pretty good. Like you say though, as a rebody the full value isn't there. If you dream of owning and driving a nice van then you could do it up, but to get full value you'd want to keep it for a long time. If you're thinking that its something that might get sold in order for a house deposit in a couple of years then just sell yours and buy an already restored one. Drive it for a few years and then you'll get your money back(maybe even plus some). If you restore one you'll never get your resto costs back unless you hold onto it for 30 years.
    Doubt you will ever get the resto cost back. 30 years time no one will be interested in Sandmans.

Quote Originally Posted by wbute View Post
    Doubt you will ever get the resto cost back. 30 years time no one will be interested in Sandmans.
    I reckon your on to something there

Sad but likely true, although there are a few young blokes about who like them, including our 24 year old son
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

You'll have had 30 years of ownership though, So the resto cost is spread out a hell of a lot more and becomes more justifiable.

I reckon there'll still be people after them. Once the US economy recovers we can start sending them over there. They have to be getting sick of Mustangs and Camaro's by now.

Learner Driver
    thanks guys, ill get right onto it, hope its not to late but least i didnt sell it in the end, plan to take it down to chassis n every nut and bolt changed, was going to do that for the kingswood, cant believe this information was so available, iv had it for 15 yrs and get asked all the time if its a s/m not one person could tell it had a different shell or could show me that it was a s/m, when i first asked holden i must of called brisbane, ;/ hope not too many have been thrown out because of the misunderstanding, can someone tell me the number i should have on my tyre placard, haha i also didnt know that this vehicle should not b driven over 135km for long periods of time in winter shoes haha, and if possible wot engine i should of had, hey buds i will put photo up c if u can tell wot shell it is or if its worth stickin with it,

Thread Information