Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daves HX Panelvan

Ive taken the chassis down to the yard first nice day i get ill blast it and bring it home to pair ive just bought my POR15 paint today along with a POR satin black top coat,

this is the chassis getting loaded up cant wait to blast it

ive stripped down both sets of leaf springs and prepped and painted one set
    ive got a wedding on tomorrow arvo but hopefully i can put this set of springs back together in the morning!!!!

and ive cleaned out the garage and knocked up a frame to hang my chassis off when i get it home so i can paint it

been a busy day (also had the eye bushes in the leaf springs oxyed out and a new set pressed in)

first set of leaf springs are greased and back together, second set need one more coat of paint on one side then off to a wedding this arvo and ill put the other set together tomorrow morning, very happy how they've come up shame they probably wont stay this good for long once there in the car and being used

well worth doing though, ive put an arris on the edge of each leaf that touches the back of another to help with smooth sliding and prevent some of the wear, and when removing the surface rust off the faces of the leaf ive smoothed the sharp edges where they've worn in over time greased them as i put them back together they should work like new now and should remain squeak less!!

Great work! Your attention to detail is excellent. This is going to be cool when finished.
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

cheers mate im hoping to do most things once, i really want it to come out well so am trying to take it back to nothing and start on every bolt pin hole of rust, everything the only thing that may cause some compromise will be $$$$ running gear will probably be second hand but i can change that in a couple of years ive stripped the 3.08 single spinner down it will be sandblasted same day as the chassis it will be freshened up with new seals brakes etc ideally id have an lsd 9 inch but cost is too much.

A 9-inch will turn up one day. You can throw it in then. In the meantime just keep doing what you are doing.... Detail work on the stuff you have.

Great Job!
    Vans.... This is the 2nd time round the block, 40 years later! talk about turning back the clock!

done!!!!!! now to let the paint harden and then wrap them up until im ready for them!!!! haha this threads going to end up 500 pages long if i take 2 pages just on a set of leaf springs

That's OK, It makes a good read.

And as I said, your attention to detail is inspiring!

Banned
    Put new centre bolts in?

Thread Information