Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sandman or optioned van?

Sandman Guru
    By my records BHJ20384A will be the original chass number for the VIN and BODY plates. Someone has probably removed the 4/75 ADR plate which probably showed 3 seat capacity and stuck another one on. I'd remove the ADR plate.

Learner Driver
    Kcool thanks, so its more than likely a an optioned van, would the ADR plate still state 3 seater even if it was built with bucket seats and centre console?
    or is it just as likely somebody has swapped the bench seat, steering column and wellded in the console bracket and hoodlining bracket when they swapped the ADR plate?

Sandman Guru
    Plates and chassis may not be original to the body either, ADR tag may belong to the shell. Is it definitely a HJ shell?

Learner Driver
    Not sure how would you confirm? I've found that a member here has owned the van previously, but doesnt appear to have been active since 2010. I've sent a message to hux454 to see if they could share what they know about it but I'm not holding my breath for a reply. Certainly seems a lot of work swapping bodies with chassis etc I wonder why somebody would go to such lengths?

Learner Driver
    Maybe its best not to know, then it can be known as 'Scooby' as in the Scooby Doo Mystery Van.....

Banned
    Hj shell will have a square hole in the firewall for the main harness to go through. Later series had a round hole.
    People do weird stuff when you are talking easy big dollars.

$$... rust repairs are very expensive and time consuming
    BQZ

Learner Driver
    I still see the van as good value @$21k. Probably best that its true identity is a mystery, at least I don't have to feel
    guilty about a 5 speed gearbox and HX trim. Its recently had a bunch of rust repairs and after seeing the pics and quality of the repairs I put a deposit down as I'm certain that there will be no nasty surprises in the future.

You done well if you ask me keep driving till the wheels fall off

Quote Originally Posted by bRick666 View Post
    I still see the van as good value @$21k. Probably best that its true identity is a mystery, at least I don't have to feel
    guilty about a 5 speed gearbox and HX trim. Its recently had a bunch of rust repairs and after seeing the pics and quality of the repairs I put a deposit down as I'm certain that there will be no nasty surprises in the future.
    any Q-Z restored GTS optioned 308 windowless van has to be worth 20k. noice
    BQZ

Thread Information