Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 253 conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    maz...goe here http://www.mysandman.com.au/forums/s...lds..explained
    i havent finished this article yet..keep an eye on it as it will explain with pics..
    oh dear, i'm up to the picture books now....
    thanks Greg, will do

had a chat to a few peeps over the weekend and someone suggested to get a 304, change the heads and build for gas. apparently it'd go roollly good. Whadya think? Worth investigating?

by 304 do they meen an injected motor bottom end as in vn vp vr or do they meen a vk vl motor...and regardless of motor what are the heads being changed too?... and btw,what box of cogs are you planning to run behind this motor maz..

ok maz,ive just read back thru the 4 pages to check what sort of box you are plannin to bang behind that throbber up front..i see that you are undecided as to wether it sould be a manually engaged box or a automatically run box..
    i think you should decide what box you will be having as this will impact on which motor you purchase..
    if you goin 253 then you will only have a trimatic/aus 4 speed pattern block..deja vu?..have i explained this already?
    oh well if i have im doin it again..so then no turbo 400/350 with that pattern..
    if you go 308 they have 2 pattern blocks,turbo/chev pattern or tri/oz4...
    im thinkin i need to do a tek article with pics on tri/turbo blocks and adaptor bell housings and hidden costs...
    Last edited by ozbox; 19-07-2010 at 08:56 PM.

my original plan was 308, built for gas with mild cam - rip out anything petrol related that i don't need. I personally would like a 5speed, however, been told to keep my mind open in regards to that as an auto would probably be easier/better to handle the setup.
    I'm trying to do my homework and wrap my brains around all the changes that need to be made to make it work. I don't want to do burnouts or enter comps etc etc. I want a nice straight cruiser that I can use and looks good and sounds good comin down the street.
    Problem is now, i'm gettin lots of info, some confusg. The engine set up suggested was the injected out of a vn or vp or the like and put heads on them (what type - no idea, didn't elaborate) and then a carby for the gas setup to bolt to. (??). Hmm, this is all getting too complicated, but i want to sort it. The money i'm planning on spendg i don't want to have wasted on somethg i won't enjoy.

its actually not complicated at all...but too many opinions are not good,especially when they may not be professionals..i suggest that you ring me and i can sort you out in one phone call...my fingers are gettin tired...

Quote Originally Posted by ozbox View Post
    its actually not complicated at all...but too many opinions are not good,especially when they may not be professionals..i suggest that you ring me and i can sort you out in one phone call...my fingers are gettin tired...
    that's rite,,, too many opinions and the uneducated get even more uneducated.... what's ya number so i can push the buttons.....

work is 0249594546..or mobile is 0414482846.....

Thread Information