model hj8wm70
    body no 345390b
    trim 1886 19v
    paint 568 15949

eng L31 trans M21 RRAXLE GV4

gvw 2200kg year 3/75 seating cap 2

bhj 10696b

8M70TEH345390J
    Could have easily been but no XX7 means not a Sandman in HJ.

Would seem you have asked all these questions before.
    http://www.fastlane.com.au/forums/to...6&whichpage=33

Were you hoping it would change?

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Would seem you have asked all these questions before.
    http://www.fastlane.com.au/forums/to...6&whichpage=33

Were you hoping it would change?
    Boo ya. Frikkin paper trails
    BQZ

That really surprises me HK you should say that. I took you for a man that knew his Sandman's. Is it not correct that only Sandman's from Acacia Ridge came out with that XX7 option.

Directly from mysandman.com.au:

It is important to note that the two codes were stamped on the Vehicle Identification Plate (ID Plate) of Sandman vehicles produced in the Brisbane (Acacia Ridge) plant. Other manufacturing plants did not stamp XX7 or XU3 on the Sandman although their authenticity is no less genuine

It goes on to say:

However genuine Sandman vans and utes were built at other plants and identifying particular components and plate details will determine if it is a genuine Sandman.
    Last edited by Rolla; 23-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    I am currently restoring a genuine hj sandman, with my son, we purchased it from the original owner, who ordered it new in perth,as a sandman it does not have xx7,but it is a genuine sandman ,we have all the purchase documentation as well ,with all due respect I would say your not quite right,cheers
    ONLY Brisbane built Sandman's have XX7, XU3 markings on the tag. All Sandman's assembled elsewhere do not. So as long as yours isn't a Brisbane built Sandman then not XX7 etc is 100% fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolla View Post
    That really surprises me HK you should say that. I took you for a man that knew his Sandman's and respected you for it. It's hard to argue with buying it directly from the original owner who told us he brought it from Factory as a Sandman. All the Sandman features check out, including the original decal on the car, which was in good condition when we brought it. The body is about as purrrfect as it gets. Is it not correct that only Sandman's from Acacia Ridge came out with that XX7 option.

Directly from mysandman.com.au:

It is important to note that the two codes were stamped on the Vehicle Identification Plate (ID Plate) of Sandman vehicles produced in the Brisbane (Acacia Ridge) plant. Other manufacturing plants did not stamp XX7 or XU3 on the Sandman although their authenticity is no less genuine

It goes on to say:

However genuine Sandman vans and utes were built at other plants and identifying particular components and plate details will determine if it is a genuine Sandman.
    Your missing the point Byron is saying if it was built in Brisbane as a HJ Sandman it MUST have XX7 or XU3 stampings on the tag.

My apologies. I should have read the entire post.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    I am currently restoring a genuine hj sandman, with my son, we purchased it from the original owner, who ordered it new in perth,as a sandman it does not have xx7,but it is a genuine sandman ,we have all the purchase documentation as well ,with all due respect I would say your not quite right,cheers
    Awkward........

Cruiser
    Archy... Not a great first post mate..... You should do your homework and them rephrase your post....

Of course, with all due respect

Thread Information