Thread: HX Sand man Ute?

Learner Driver

HX Sand man Ute?

Hi, I have done some investigating, and the only things I can't get to match is the GVW, apparently should be 1860kg, mine is 2800kg. Also got info from Holden that said there should be a code of XU3, XX7, or XY5. Which I can't find, but can't find mentioned anywhere else either. Help appreciated! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    Hi, I have done some investigating, and the only things I can't get to match is the GVW, apparently should be 1860kg, mine is 2800kg. Also got info from Holden that said there should be a code of XU3, XX7, or XY5. Which I can't find, but can't find mentioned anywhere else either. Help appreciated! Thanks!
    Cass the codes xx7 ,xu3 are codes for sandman utes or vans but these codes were only put on the I'd plate if they were built in brisbane so if yours is a Brisbane built then it won't be sandman .I'am not an expert when it comes to gvm but they did very from xx7 to xu3 possibly 1860 to 2200 but I think 2800 would not be correct
    If it is a plate mistake then this could be the best HX ute in Australia as far as carrying capacity Maybe even better than a 1 tonnes
    HZ jasmine yellow sandman van
    HZ Madeira red sandman van (now sold to bigrob)
    HX mandarin red sandman ute
    HZ malachite green sandman van
    Married to Jennie285

Banned
    Holden know nothing about Sandmans. Put all the tag details up. First of all it needs a seating capacity of two.

Cass, I think you misread your tags its 2200 kgs and yes its a two seater wbute, in papaya originally.

Learner Driver
    Is anyone interested in buying this Ute? 0405564903

Cass, from when I spoke to you and looked at the tags it is possibly an XU3 sandman ute and the tags definitely said 2200GVW (not 2800). From memory your tags indicated it was Sydney (Pagewood) built so if it is a Sandman it won't have XU3 or XX7 stamped on the tag. I think someone (maybe HK1837) said there is something particular written on the firewall of Pagewood built sandmans? Note I am a novice at id stuff!!

Thread Information