Thread: is this a sandman

Learner Driver

is this a sandman

model hj8wn80 body 510829m trim 1895 18v paint 567 15941 eng l32 transm 20 reaxle gu4 gvw 1860 seating 2 long plate 8n80rf j510829j year 1 76 thanks anyone for help

Sandman Guru
    Probably is an XX7 Kingswood ute. Could also be an XU4 Kingswood ute. HJ XX7 and XU3 Kingswood Sandman utes and a HQ Kingswood XX7 ute are the hardest to pick. I do already have this one recorded as an XX7 though. 1895 is a nice colour too, Claret metallic, all of them I have have black or slate black trim except one which has Chamois/Covert which is a shame as that colour looks great with light trim.

hj8wn80 =kingswood ute l32 m20 gu4 =253 4sp 308 diff i dont understand how it can be an xx7 kingswood ute when xx7 is sandman

Banned
    HJ had the option of a Kingswood Sandman and standard Sandman. Unlike HX and HZ that did not have the Kingswood Sandman option.

Learner Driver
    By calling my Melbourne built ute an XX7 do you mean it is a Sandman? I am the third owner and the other owners believed it to be a Sandman.
    thanks for your help
    Jacko

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by XX7SANDMN View Post
    hj8wn80 =kingswood ute l32 m20 gu4 =253 4sp 308 diff i dont understand how it can be an xx7 kingswood ute when xx7 is sandman
    A HQ or HJ Sandman has to be either a Belmont Sandman (HQ), Kingswood Sandman (HQ and HJ) or Holden Sandman (HJ only). Not much else to understand!

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by jacko View Post
    By calling my Melbourne built ute an XX7 do you mean it is a Sandman? I am the third owner and the other owners believed it to be a Sandman.
    thanks for your help
    Jacko
    XX7 is one of the 2 x Sandman special vehicle packages (XX7 or XU3), but I didn't say it WAS, I said it PROBABLY is. Big but important difference!

A special vehicle package is how most of the GMH "package" vehicles were built. So everything from a Taxi to a HQ GTS350 sedan have a special vehicle package code. Some you will be more familiar with like XU1 or A9X. Others less so like B02 for Taxi, B06 for Ambulance, XX5 for Malaysia vehicle package. XX7 (later XU3) is the special vehilce package code for Sandman, that turns a HQ-HJ Belmont or Kingswood into a Sandman. Just like there is a code in VE to turn an Sv6 or SS ute into a Thunder ute.

Thread Information