Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTB or find HZ Chassis BHZ 41946A

Banned
    I know my mate tracked the original owner of the jade green hj sandman shell I sold him down. This was using the rta. Trouble was it had a few owners after and there was no record of them.

Leadfoot
    Had a chat on the phone to a helpful lady at the RTA who helped as best she could and said they held records since about 85 which is interesting. I can get records that pertain to my ownership if I go to the RTA with ID, but they don't cross over with ACT so I will have to contact them to find out what they can do. She didn't seem too sure as to being able to contact any subsequent owners and said in my case if the car hasn't been registered for a while obviously it becomes more difficult till it surfaces again for rego.

So, sjc315,
    Any luck tracking down that ute as I am sure I am not the only one curious to know.
    Where are you up to in locating it?
    You have put some effort into locating the ute both here and on other sites so what is the deal? Why the need for the ute?

Leadfoot
    Still chasing, spoke to an RTA office nearby trying to get further info who advised RTA can't give out info just with ID, spent $30 and filled out a form to find out last rego detail in the hope that might assist, no guarantee that will help though or that they can even tell me. Interestingly got the response that the call centres sometimes give out information that isn't correct which is handy. Think it comes down to the individual you are dealing with as someone mentioned earlier. Canberra rego authorities have been super helpful in contrast. Turns out an ACT dealer had it last so I'm off in another direction now. As I said before, sentimentality, mid life crisis, maybe secretly I want to be a policeman when I grow up, buggered if I know. Its become a bit of a challenge now to find out where it is and luckily I have a job where I can spend a bit of time during the day chasing it. Stay tuned, more news as it comes to hand.

Leadfoot
    Spoke to Canberra dealer who says he remembers the car, may get some more info when the secretary returns from leave hopefully as the paperwork was archived somewhere. Looks like Sept. or Oct. 2005 last registered in ACT with the dealer saying the purchaser was in the Army from his recollection and it was brought by his wife for him as a surprise! Bet they broke the mould when they made her, all I ever get is socks and undies. If he was in the army he, and it, could be anywhere but who knows.

If you get any leads that require legwork around Canberra just give us a yell. I'm not averse to knocking on strangers doors to ask about old cars and I'm out and about a bit. If it was an Army guy it probably got moved out of town on his next posting though.

Leadfoot
    Thanks for the offer mate, greatly appreciated. I actually went down there yesterday to have a chat with the dealers, makes it a bit easier to explain. I live about an hour and a half away but had a day off and a couple of other jobs to do so called in with a photo and tried my luck and found them on the second attempt. Got to admit, when I heard he was in the army I thought the same thing though could be in Darwin or anywhere now.

If that's the case, it may be easier than you think. Does the Army have some type of website or publication that gets around? I know the Fire-Fighters have one and I think the Ambos and Police do too, (In their respective states). But the Feds are all over Australia like Customs and the armed services so the Army may have something you could put an add in (Magazine) or on (website).

If you get a name you can always try a Facebook stalk search too.

It's a rockin'
    Good luck finding it but there is hope my old Sandman was living in a shed 3 streets away with a defect on it

Thread Information